New survival food

Big7

The Oracle
I prefer mine fresh.

Got a shoot- gun, a fo' tin and a quenty to'.

Yard full of bird seed fed squirrel too..
Country boy can survive.??

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Groundhogs are seriously really good eating, as long as it's not an old, arthritic, gray-faced one. Lots of meat on a groundhog too. You can even throw a whole one on the smoker and pull it like a mini pig-pickin', and make some really good bbq.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Groundhogs are seriously really good eating, as long as it's not an old, arthritic, gray-faced one. Lots of meat on a groundhog too. You can even throw a whole one on the smoker and pull it like a mini pig-pickin', and make some really good bbq.

Haven’t done that, sounds good. We fixed them like a roast, pressure cooked with taters and veggies, yum!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

Hillbilly stalker

Them new "Instant pots" are a game changer when it comes to cooking a ground hog. Ground hog seems to taste better if you get him before he has a belly full of your garden in him. More satisfying's anyway.:bounce:

Mark R

good eatin . but I hear lately that them critters High in cholesterol . didn't used to care about stuff like that .

Doug B.

I have eat groundhog, and would again. It kinda reminds me of coon though. Just not the best flavor to me. To each his own I guess.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I have eat groundhog, and would again. It kinda reminds me of coon though. Just not the best flavor to me. To each his own I guess.
I think groundhog tastes a lot better than coon. Groundhogs eat grass and forbs. A coon will eat anything.