Velcro straps for game camera

outdoorman

Has anyone tried using velcro straps to secure cameras? The straps that came with my Wildgame cameras are often too small for trees so I found 8 ft length of velcro rolls that I'm considering giving a try.

whitter

BANNED
You can always buy some black poly rope and cut ur straps in half and then tie a section of rope to the length you need. The environmental life of velcro would be short compared to a replacement longer strap. Me personally I would not trust it. My favorite is Python cables provided your cam is built with the python capable loops. This also gives you a good degree of security.

specialk

Zip ties....

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I just use a piece of rope if I need something longer

Twiggbuster

X2 on the python cable. Nothing total secure against a determined thief with time on his hand, but best deterrent I’ve come across.

Tight Lines

I use the screw in mounts for large trees. Much better than a long strap to me...if I was going to use a long strap I would use a buckle strap with a quick release clamp...

whitter

BANNED
I use the screw in mounts for large trees. Much better than a long strap to me...if I was going to use a long strap I would use a buckle strap with a quick release clamp...

I also like the screw in mounts, but it is very hard to find a tree that has the contour so that you get proper camera aim. With the Python and strap a person can always adjust the aim by putting a small piece of limb or pine cone and then cinch it down tight. This type of aiming would be very difficult with screws.

Tight Lines

I also like the screw in mounts, but it is very hard to find a tree that has the contour so that you get proper camera aim. With the Python and strap a person can always adjust the aim by putting a small piece of limb or pine cone and then cinch it down tight. This type of aiming would be very difficult with screws.

Yeah I use the adjustable ones like this (I have a couple of different types):

16HMEUCNMYTRLCMRHTCH

I can adjust these up and down to the the angle I want, and also angle the camera left or right with the nut on the bottom of the camera...about $10 each...

whitter

BANNED
Yeah I use the adjustable ones like this (I have a couple of different types):

16HMEUCNMYTRLCMRHTCH

I can adjust these up and down to the the angle I want, and also angle the camera left or right with the nut on the bottom of the camera...about $10 each...

The python will still work with this type of adjustable mount, it is very good except very hard to disguise, plus I use security boxes on all my cams.

Tight Lines

The python will still work with this type of adjustable mount, it is very good except very hard to disguise, plus I use security boxes on all my cams.

Absolutely correct, can still use a python with this...I don't run security boxes on my cams, as they are all on private property so that helps...

ssramage

With the screw in mounts, I don’t use security boxes but I try to put them all up high and out of sight path.

nmurph

I use bungee with the adjustable hooks that are adjustable for length. I use carpenter shims to adjust tilt.

Somebody posted a homemade tilt/swivel mount using eye bolts a year or so ago.

Stetson

I'm running a fleet of WGI cams and use electric fence wire to mount the cams to the trees. Cut the wire to length depending on the size of the tree and the wire is easily torqued with pliers to make sure the cam is tight on the tree and pointed in the right direction. I've had no telling how many hogs try to root a cam off a tree, varmints climb on the cam headed up the tree and haven't had a cam torn down yet.

Since most trees are bigger at the base, you'll find yourself looking for the right sized limb to wedge behind the top of the cam in order to make sure it's pointed in the proper direction horizontally based on tree shape and ground elevation.

Jimmypop

I build little stands out of scrap wood and throw the straps away. Costs almost nothing and can be put almost anywhere on the ground.

Attachments

• IMG_20200706_091134114_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200706_091134114_HDR.jpg
    284 KB · Views: 24

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
I have also had problems with the bunge cords from time to time not being usable because of the diameter of the tree that I wanted to locate a camera.

My solution has also worked very well and they are very well camouflaged along with most of my cameras in those locations.

This is what I have used and I bought all of these items at Lowes and the cost was very minimal as well. I also spray painted each one in a camo type color so they DO NOT SHINE EITHER. Most of WGI cameras have some sort of screw-in mechanism on the back so it works out fairly easy for those few places that I can't use the bunge cords. I just always keep two separate size combo small wrenches in my pocket while in the woods to install them.

You can also very easily change the angle of the camera with this set-up also.

JUST CLICK ON EACH PHOTO AND IT WILL ENLARGE THE PHOTO TO SHOW ALL OF THE DETAILS SO THAT YOU CAN SEE JUST HOW EASY THAT IT IS TO DUPLICATE THIS.

Attachments

• TRAIL CAM BRACKETS   7-6-20 014.JPG
    TRAIL CAM BRACKETS 7-6-20 014.JPG
    192.7 KB · Views: 9
  • TRAIL CAM BRACKETS   7-6-20 016.JPG
    TRAIL CAM BRACKETS 7-6-20 016.JPG
    199.3 KB · Views: 8
  • TRAIL CAM BRACKETS   7-6-20 017.JPG
    TRAIL CAM BRACKETS 7-6-20 017.JPG
    178 KB · Views: 7
  • TRAIL CAM BRACKETS   7-6-20 018.JPG
    TRAIL CAM BRACKETS 7-6-20 018.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 8
  • TRAIL CAM BRACKETS   7-6-20 020.JPG
    TRAIL CAM BRACKETS 7-6-20 020.JPG
    190.8 KB · Views: 8

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
I'm running a fleet of WGI cams and use electric fence wire to mount the cams to the trees. Cut the wire to length depending on the size of the tree and the wire is easily torqued with pliers to make sure the cam is tight on the tree and pointed in the right direction. I've had no telling how many hogs try to root a cam off a tree, varmints climb on the cam headed up the tree and haven't had a cam torn down yet.

Since most trees are bigger at the base, you'll find yourself looking for the right sized limb to wedge behind the top of the cam in order to make sure it's pointed in the proper direction horizontally based on tree shape and ground elevation.

Back several years ago, I did this exact same thing as I had some electric fencing wire that was a really small diameter. I used them by cutting various lengths and carried them in my backpack as I changed out cards and/or cameras as such. All that it took was a small pair of side-cutter pliers to do a complete set-up and have it very snug as needed.

I ALSO PAINTED THESE BRIGHT SHINY PIECES OF WIRE LENGTHS WITH A CHOCOLATE BROWN OR FOREST GREEN PAINT AND THEY WORKED VERY WELL.

86ccord

Im a low voltage tech, we use Velcro to secure our cat6 cables...that being said, i use Velcro all the time for cameras. works perfect. just cut to size and rock on