Best Refinance Eva!!

gunnurse

We are closing on a refinance Friday. We are closing for 2.5%, lowering term by 4 years, saving about $200.00 a month in payments, saving $81,000 in payments, and getting better than $4,000.00 in return from escrow refund. Just wow! If you haven’t looked into this before now, PLEASE DO! And BTW- This was all completed from our living room couch.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I close in about a week, similar experience, 2.25% lowered the payments about $225.

ryanh487

I was trying to jump in on that but I got a promotion at work that resulted in 2/3 of my pay being labeled "commission" on my pay stubs, effective January this year. Of course banks want 2 years of pay stubs with commission on them before they'll use my full income to approve me.

cactusjack

We are closing on a refinance Friday. We are closing for 2.5%, lowering term by 4 years, saving about $200.00 a month in payments, saving $81,000 in payments, and getting better than $4,000.00 in return from escrow refund. Just wow! If you haven’t looked into this before now, PLEASE DO! And BTW- This was all completed from our living room couch.

If I may ask who's the lender? I've been getting offers in the mail for a streamlined VA refi at that rate but they all push the mortgage back to 30 years. Not sure of going back to 30 years is worth it in my case. Id have to do the math and see what'll take to re coup the closing costs. Hate dealing with mortgage companies. I'm with Freedom Mortgage now.

Semi-Pro

Full-Pro
If I may ask who's the lender? I've been getting offers in the mail for a streamlined VA refi at that rate but they all push the mortgage back to 30 years. Not sure of going back to 30 years is worth it in my case. Id have to do the math and see what'll take to re coup the closing costs. Hate dealing with mortgage companies. I'm with Freedom Mortgage now.
If you pay the same you are paying now , it won't matter. Just put the difference toward principle

Semi-Pro

Full-Pro
15 or 30 yr.

gunnurse

15-year, no PMI. Rocket Mortage. Our plan is to blast all the money that we can and try and be done much sooner.

cactusjack

If you pay the same you are paying now , it won't matter. Just put the difference toward principle

Understood. So if I'm looking at this correctly, I don't necessarily save money monthly, but over the life of the loan in interest? Not sure if it's worth it in my case. I'd only be going from a 3.0% to 2.5%. Thanks for the info. May be it's worth a call.

DAWG1419

15-year, no PMI. Rocket Mortage. Our plan is to blast all the money that we can and try and be done much sooner.
We make double payments and the balance is going south quick. 45 more payments and we are done. It’s worth the sacrifice.

shdw633

If anyone else is interested in Rocket Mortgage, let me know, I work in their family of companies and can get you a break on some of the fees by referring you to them. I have referred a couple on this board who have saved some money so just let me know and I will refer them to you and save you a little more money.

Firescooby

If anyone else is interested in Rocket Mortgage, let me know, I work in their family of companies and can get you a break on some of the fees by referring you to them. I have referred a couple on this board who have saved some money so just let me know and I will refer them to you and save you a little more money.

How much savings? I did the quick online thing and it showed around $4500 closing

acurasquirrel

We bought a new home in December financed with a conventional loan because we hadn’t sold our current home. Just refinanced into a VA at 2.35 for a 30. Thought about doing 15, but it’s cheap money and makes us more flexible. If we continue to pay what we where it’ll be paid off in 17 years. We did put additional money from the previous home down on the refi.