Heard County

ehunt

Hunted all week this past week. More movement at beginning of week. Warm weather and moon had them moving a lot at night on our place. Should turn on in the next 10 days. Seen a spike chasing on Monday and just sporadic movement throughout week.

GWH

20 days and finally an update, everybody is finally realizing that there are not any -deer in Heard county

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
20 days and finally an update, everybody is finally realizing that there are not any -deer in Heard county

There are, but it takes some major trigger control and most importantly time. Our tract of land has continued to get better and better over the last 6 years or so.

It's been a weird season for us as far as movement. It has been either very good or cold as ice. The deer are still around on camera, so we are still after them.

toolmkr20

I have only not seen deer twice from the stand in Heard and have hunted quite a bit this year. I honestly believe it has more to do with property management and not the deer herd. Our property has a load of deer and several great bucks running around. Plus this time of year in Heard you may have a monster cross your property that you’ve never seen but get a shot at. I love Heard.

ehunt

My 4 Spartan cams CAME alive today! 3 of the 4 had over 100 pics and the 4th cam had like 76. Biggest 4 pt I’ve ever got pics of came cruising ( never got pics of him prior to today) 5 of 6 bucks are never before seen.. guys it’s picking up fast with the cold front. 43B2271D-F3CA-40E9-94C8-10B011BF3C37.jpegBACAE0A0-5E12-4E53-A661-7816B1CD50AF.jpeg

ucfireman

That's what I was looking at. Not much for antlers but my good that's a lot of meat.
You sure he don't have brow tines? May be a 6pt, not that it makes a difference.

GWH

ehunt said:
My 4 Spartan cams CAME alive today! 3 of the 4 had over 100 pics and the 4th cam had like 76. Biggest 4 pt I’ve ever got pics of came cruising ( never got pics of him prior to today) 5 of 6 bucks are never before seen.. guys it’s picking up fast with the cold front. View attachment 1053268 View attachment 1053267
Must have migrated no
My 4 Spartan cams CAME alive today! 3 of the 4 had over 100 pics and the 4th cam had like 76. Biggest 4 pt I’ve ever got pics of came cruising ( never got pics of him prior to today) 5 of 6 bucks are never before seen.. guys it’s picking up fast with the cold front. View attachment 1053268View attachment 1053267
Must have migrated north out of Troup County

Buckhead

I am in a lease near Corinth. Things have really slowed down over last 2 weeks. Still seeing a few does, but nothing like last season. Last year witnessed rutting activity into January. Hoping it is a temporary lull, 2nd rut will kick in or something.

toolmkr20

Let’s get this one back to the top. How is everyone’s buck crops looking this year? Just now putting my cameras back out. Hopefully by this weekend I’ll have something worth posting.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Will be my first year hunting Heard co and pretty excited about what I’ve seen so far . I’m near Mt Pleasant church

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
I pulled a card a few weeks ago when I freshened up some mineral sites. This picture is from mid June and is the main deer I will be after. He is the same buck I posted a picture of last year. I believe him to be 5 years old. He is very much a homebody. I got his shed out of the same plot in February. Going to check the cameras later this week and will post any updated pics I get. 782B69FD-7B98-4236-B47D-EEEC63F1D1B4.jpeg

toolmkr20

Very disappointed in my card pulls today. One camera had absolutely zero pics other than me leaving and returning and the other only had a handful of doe. This time last year I had tons of buck pics in bachelor groups at these same cameras. May have to rethink my game plan for this spot. Maybe the weather has them traveling differently. Gonna give it another week or two before I move them I think.