War Between the States

Status
Not open for further replies.

BassRaider

You are correct. It was too bad for Pemberton that he needed to sell his drink to offset his addiction. It was good for Asa Candler.

Resica

Civil War Battlefield walks(Gettysburg) are on now on Pennsylvania Cable Network. You can probably watch online. Most , if not all are not current. Be on with different stuff for the next several days. Hope some of you can see it. They are really good. watching Capt. Johnston's Reconnaissance right now.

westcobbdog

Resica saw today where the friendly folks at antifa want to burn down Gettysburg this weekend. Hope they get what they deserve.

westcobbdog

This small spot in on a large Ga battlefield had 100 yankee cannon trained on it, and each evening the Reb soldiers would reinforce their works with new head logs and such, and each morning the works would be swept clean again raked by shot and shell and cannister with chains. Where was it, what was it called and did the blue bellies capture it?

westcobbdog

That's it Bass, I live in the shadow of it now. Trying to quietly metal detect nearby non park service woods that are soon to be neighborhoods. Trying to figure out where the yanks camped before they assaulted that position.

And no, they could not capture these Reb works.

westcobbdog

This Octagonal shaped brick / masonry home in this Ga. town was a recognized as a natural fortress and had 3 levels and 8 sides and the Rebs and yanks both raced to see who occupied it first, with the Rebs winning. Decorated with many fine furnishings it was the scene of a hotly contested battle where around 40 rebs were killed or wounded inside, and all the fine furniture, pictures books ect shot to pieces and the inside covered in blood. Where was it located?

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
This Octagonal shaped brick / masonry home in this Ga. town was a recognized as a natural fortress and had 3 levels and 8 sides and the Rebs and yanks both raced to see who occupied it first, with the Rebs winning. Decorated with many fine furnishings it was the scene of a hotly contested battle where around 40 rebs were killed or wounded inside, and all the fine furniture, pictures books ect shot to pieces and the inside covered in blood. Where was it located?

Never read about this. I cheated and googled it so I won’t comment.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I have read Company Aych. Maybe it was mentioned in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.