The one time I didn't carry.............

killerv

Its getting bad out there, me and a buddy a couple months ago had a car that was way in front of us starting to slow down until it stopped, so we had to stop...two of macons finest got out of each side and stood there and gave us a look....got back in and pulled over to let us get in front of them, they ended up doing a you turn after about a 1/4 mile. I reached for mine under the seat and realized I didn't have it with me.

Maybe they thought I had my brights on or something, I don't know, but it was a little unsettling.

Sounds like you boys need to move. I always have a rifle and knives in my truck, not for bad guys though.

SC Hunter

I always have a little 22 magnum revolver in my pocket and a knife. Gym shorts, khaki pants, blue jeans it doesn't matter. If I have to shoot somebody with that we're probably fighting and I won't miss if the barrel is touching them and we're past the point of things calming down.

SC Hunter

Sounds like you boys need to move. I always have a rifle and knives in my truck, not for bad guys though.
I may be forgetting one but I think there is 4 guns in my truck right now lol 2 deer rifles, mine and the boys, a 17 and a pistol. Maybe 2 pistols....

nmurph

My .380 Bodyguard is in my pocket if I leave the house. I wear it with gym shorts, with business casual, and with my Sunday-go-to-meeting clothes. It now has another big brother, a Sig 365XL, but I doubt it'll get kicked out of it EDC role. It's just too easy to have it without anyone ever being the wiser.

I may be forgetting one but I think there is 4 guns in my truck right now lol 2 deer rifles, mine and the boys, a 17 and a pistol. Maybe 2 pistols....

Ha, sounds like my truck. Pulled up to a traffic stop and the state trooper was asking about the caliber of my guns and what all I was hunting.

I had the AR, 444, shotguns, 308 and a 30-06. He just checked my stuff and moved me along. Good to live in the country.

j_seph

If it is too much to type call a member and let him type it as you tell them. Interested in the story behind this.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Glock 26, +2 Mag loaded with Federal 147gr +p HST.
It goes with me every day, every season, every clothing style. It gets taken apart once a month to get the lint and fuzz removed on the odd month that I have not ran a few mags through it.
I conceal it, I don't look for trouble, I avoid potential trouble if I forsee it and I certainly aint saving Nakatomi Plaza from Hans and the gang but I am always ready to defend myself and family if needed.
Luckily, I have carried concealed for 30 years and have never had to draw it and hope I never have to.

oppthepop

I don`t care where I am, if you see me, I`ll have two pistols and at least two knives on me. Probably three.

No, I`m not paranoid Why should I be? I`m armed like The Wrath Of Abraham.
Normally me too brother - TWO, not one, 9mm and at least one larger than "usual" knife but this time, and i really don't know why - maybe the Good Lord, I didn't have ANYTHING but my instinct told me I did since I normally carry. It could have ended VERY badly, but thank God it didnt.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
What is yalls favorite small carry weapon with substantial safety? My 9mm has one in the chamber at all time but I have a safety switch which is important to me but maybe an inhibitor to other gun owners. I don't need a "trigger is my safety" for a tiny gun. Sorry if this disrupts the OP, just trying to make more dialogue relevant for those of us who need to carry more often like me. I have just started doing more carry with my 9mm but with a 3 yo and 2 month old things have to be considered on all levels.

I need a lot more learning to carry on the regular, carry and accessible are 2 different things. I am currently more of an accessible gun guy and I know that has major limitations.

I ask anyone to share their story knowing the OP stopped where he did.
My everyday carry pistol is a Glock 23 in .40S&W. With an extra mag in my back pocket. I don't have much use for a tiny gun. I carry it IWB, and I've never had anyone notice it. That includes all summer when I'm wearing shorts and a tshirt. I'll occasionally carry a Ruger LC9. It's more easiy concealable, and has a safety, but it also has less stopping power and holds a lot less rounds. As for a safety, I don't like them as much. Just something else to have to deal with when you need that pistol. The Glock has three internal safeties, and will not go off unless you deliberately pull the trigger.

SC Hunter

@Railroader my wife keeps a pistol with her all the time. When we first met she didn't own a gun and was almost scared of them. We quickly changed that. There is 1 in her console, 1 in her purse and 1 in her room at work in a cabinet where she can get to it easily. I firmly believe she will shoot someone much faster than me, I don't mind getting punched in the face and used to do it for "fun". She watched her mom get beat when she was 10 years old by a man over road rage and will tell you she won't let her kids see that happen to her. My oldest stepson made the comment a while back when we were out of town that we had enough guns with us for everybody in the car and then some.?

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
@Railroader my wife keeps a pistol with her all the time. When we first met she didn't own a gun and was almost scared of them. We quickly changed that. There is 1 in her console, 1 in her purse and 1 in her room at work in a cabinet where she can get to it easily. I firmly believe she will shoot someone much faster than me, I don't mind getting punched in the face and used to do it for "fun". She watched her mom get beat when she was 10 years old by a man over road rage and will tell you she won't let her kids see that happen to her. My oldest stepson made the comment a while back when we were out of town that we had enough guns with us for everybody in the car and then some.?

Mine carries as well...LCR with a pretty pink hogue grip, and a speed loader of some hot stuff ...

She'll shoot ya, too.