How to kill a bear quickly?

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
We need a better class of troll around here.

Lately, you caint get half way through their first post before the troll alarm goes off.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
So it happened to him in 2009 and then again earlier this week? So he now owns 300 acres in Vermont? Was it the same car with the door handle replaced or a different car? I bet it was a Subaru. Had to be a Subaru.
:ROFLMAO:

Jimmypop

Back in the day when we went bear hunting, we just stopped by the wood pile and picked up the single bitted axe.

Buddrow

Well if a bear had the audacity to break into my house while im sleeping. I would run at it full tilt while completely nude. It will either die of laughter or fright. Not sure which.
Breaking into my truck? Bear spray would help to season what ever its eating.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
If the OP was a serious question, yes, a .30-06 is more than enough gun to efficiently kill a bear. The issue is that when you are in bear country, you have to learn to live with them. A bear in the yard is an everyday occurrence in my part of the country. As others have said, they are usually not hard to chase off or discourage. Feeding them or allowing them access to food is what causes problems. No food, no bear problem.

Buddrow

Went to the Dr yesterday. Doc told me I need to loose weight. After a lengthy conversation. I finally asked him so how do I loose weight. He told me dont eat anything fatty. So I said like burgers, fries, and fried chicken? He said no DON'T EAT ANYTHING FATTY!

Went to another Dr about my weight. Had a long conversation. Asked about my family history. Told him obesity runs in my family. So he said no body runs in your family that's why your all fat.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
If the OP was a serious question, yes, a .30-06 is more than enough gun to efficiently kill a bear. The issue is that when you are in bear country, you have to learn to live with them. A bear in the yard is an everyday occurrence in my part of the country. As others have said, they are usually not hard to chase off or discourage. Feeding them or allowing them access to food is what causes problems. No food, no bear problem.

See post#15?

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
I wish the OP would tell us the reason behind an 11 year old troll.

A joke?

A PETA thing?

Anti gun?

Proving we're hicks?

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
I’ve said it for years. The best place to shoot a bear is in the face where his teeth are!

lukeclem4901

Banned PUNK
I've had one bluff charge me. That's usually all it is. But if they were charging at your wife or especially your kids, I wouldn't hesitate to shoot it

Goon

I was raised in southern Vermont and never had any issues with bears. My guess would be that particular bear was being fed by someone and had lost its fear of humans. I wouldn't let the fear of a bear attack ruin my time their. Just be aware of your surroundings