Posting Hunting Spots

mattuga

Banned
For all of you who think it is no issue just check out the amount of guests on this forum at anytime during duck season. It is typically above 20 people at any given time. They are all internet scouting this duck forum and named threads.

Duck hunting is hard enough in GA.

Last edited:

killerv

For all of you who think it is no issue just check out the amount of guests on this forum at anytime during duck season. It is typically above 20 people at any given time. They are all internet scouting this duck forum and named threads.

Duck hunting is hard enough in GA.

no they aren't, some folks just dont bother logging in unless they are gonna post

No one on here is gonna get your spot dude. chill

Last edited:

Jason C

That's the problem with duck hunting, everything is top secret and all the holes are accounted for , which leaves the guy that's looking for a spot empty. Tring to find a place to go without stepping on peoples feelings is like trying to find gold. I get it but man its hard...

I’ve lived here two years and hadn’t even tried to duck hunt. I’d love too. But I don’t want to aggravate locals. I just head to nc for a week and hope to kill a few birds with buddy’s out my blinds.

Last edited by a moderator:

Uptonongood

Sharing a good duck hunting location on a forum is akin to posting GPS coordinates of a secret little natural reef located 15 miles off the Georgia coast that’s loaded with grouper, snapper and black sea bass. Do it once and it’s done for! If you put in a couple hundred hours searching, hiking, slogging to discover that secret little honey hole, you’ll guard it from the armchair warriors.

Not to mention it against forum rule. I our got a spot and you want o give it away do it in a PM

Wire Nut

I couldn’t give mine up anyway. My boat always seems to be full!!

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
There is at least one hook and bullet forum that I've seen that has a ban on "hotspotting". Posters that put "x's" on the map are given a warning that future such activity will result in a ban and their posts are taken down. Not a bad practice in my book.

Duckbuster82

That's the problem with duck hunting, everything is top secret and all the holes are accounted for , which leaves the guy that's looking for a spot empty. Tring to find a place to go without stepping on peoples feelings is like trying to find gold. I get it but man its hard...

It’s really not that hard. Ducks like water, food and seclusion. You find that and you find a ducks. The problem is Georgia lacks the last two ingredients. So the few spots that do hold birds, people try to hold to themselves.

Duckbuster82

I am not afraid to post my favorite spots as the average cyber scouter will never have the ability or skill to make the migration north and cross the border
Don’t kid yourself, it’s not that hard to get there, nor hard to kill birds. They have just come out the egg they are stupid. Keep posting about it and it will be ruined too. I really only see a few more years of it being good before it too starts to get crowded.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Nah, the definition of stupid is to spend time scouting, find birds and brag where they are. You will find yourself with unwanted company and birds run off.
But boy how your reputation as a scout will rise. People will be talking about you like Kit Carson and them.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Fact is.... Americans that live in the south will never put enough pressure on ducks north of the border for them to get pressured or the grounds get crowded. But like the guy said, you don't get some sort of honor badge to be able to cross the northern border and kill a tailgate full of ducks. It's so much more of a feat (to those who know what has gone on in the last 10 yrs in the Mississippi flyaway) to be able to kill ducks on public land there on a regular basis.... All while the googans have been camped out at the boat ramps for 5 days waiting on the opener

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
I am not afraid to post my favorite spots as the average cyber scouter will never have the ability or skill to make the migration north and cross the border

24 hour drive. Where’s the skill in that? Done it dozens of times.