Shopping for mountain boots.

Mountainbuck

I have really liked these Salomons. Very comfortable out of the box, but stiff enough uppers so they provide very good support when carrying a load or side hilling. They are still 100% waterproof, and while they are not cheap at around $225, you can purchase them at any REI store. If you are an REI member their 100% customer satisfaction guarantee return policy is second to none. Where them for a month and if you decide you don’t like the color return for a full refund. If you wait until March you can get them at REI for 25% off during their annual sale.
View attachment 1003434
Which model is this ?

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
I bought a pair of crispis last year and they fit true to my regular shoe size. /Feel stiff when I put them on but are comfy.

WoodlandScout82

I am looking at Kenetreks as well, I get their catalogs in the mail. I'm always torn between a pair of solid boots, or stalking mocs. I'm about to buy a recurve outfit and figured a pair of Kenetreks into the price, or a pair of Catskill mountain mocs. I'm always just worried about ?.

chrislibby88

I am looking at Kenetreks as well, I get their catalogs in the mail. I'm always torn between a pair of solid boots, or stalking mocs. I'm about to buy a recurve outfit and figured a pair of Kenetreks into the price, or a pair of Catskill mountain mocs. I'm always just worried about ?.
Get both, walk in with the moccasins and carry the boots in your pack and throw them on for the heavy walk out.

Raylander

I’m Billy’s Useles Uncle.
I bought some Kenetreks 2 November’s ago from Midway in Black Friday. They are hands down the best boot I’ve ever put my foot in. I have a BUNCH of miles on them, but they are still in great shape and just starting to show a tad of wear. I hope to use them through next winter at which point I’ll get another pair and rotate the older ones to work boots. They’re expensive, but I was eating Salomons 2 pair a year- so in the long run they’ve been more economical for me. YMMV

jbogg

I bought some Kenetreks 2 November’s ago from Midway in Black Friday. They are hands down the best boot I’ve ever put my foot in. I have a BUNCH of miles on them, but they are still in great shape and just starting to show a tad of wear. I hope to use them through next winter at which point I’ll get another pair and rotate the older ones to work boots. They’re expensive, but I was eating Salomons 2 pair a year- so in the long run they’ve been more economical for me. YMMV

That’s good to know about the Kenetreks. I have enjoyed my first pair of Salomons, but then again I’m only wearing them about once a week, and only off pavement. I probably have 150 - 175 miles on them and they are holding up great. Still very waterproof if I am only crossing a small stream quickly.

Mountainbuck

That’s good to know about the Kenetreks. I have enjoyed my first pair of Salomons, but then again I’m only wearing them about once a week, and only off pavement. I probably have 150 - 175 miles on them and they are holding up great. Still very waterproof if I am only crossing a small stream quickly.
Thinking of trying the Salomons sent the kenetreks back just didn’t like them

Raylander

I’m Billy’s Useles Uncle.

Salomon makes a fine boot, no doubt about it! I used to go through a pair every year so. Then I just started spending more boot leather, in rougher country than ever before and they’d break down on me. I also wore them more than just woods, so that played a role as well. The price of the Kenetreks made me use them as only woods boots. That could be why they’re lasting longer but after getting use to them, I think they give me more ankle support and better traction on climbing steep and side-hillin’. They literally dig in like cleats. My legs seem to be in better shape after going hard for 2-3 days than with past boots.