Anybody eat pig fetus?

280 Man

Banned
:) Sometimes you shoot a sow that’s just about to give birth. I’ve never done it, but I’ve been wondering if the fully formed unborn piglets are good to eat?

Ive killed sows at different times. One had seven in her, the other had five. Both were not far from giving birth but I never gave any thought of that. But I don't know why "you" couldn't do it tho.

jdgator

Asians and in particular Chinese are very practical when it comes to meat. I wouldn’t be surprised if considered fetal swine to be a delicacy. There are probably some great recipes for fetal pork fried rice.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
A friend of mine grilled a whole litter once in camp. He said they were tender and delicious.

bany

A guy I met years ago said you might think I’m a sick man but, got a sow full and buried them in coals. Came back that evening and said you wouldn’t believe how delicious dinner was.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Hadn’t yet but would.

simpleman30

Some guys I know would probably eat pre-born pig meat before they'd eat boar hog meat. They swear they can tell the difference. I just dip it in sauce and take another drink.

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
Shot one a month ago that was about there. Processor asked me if I wanted the 5 she had said "Nope, I'm good. Thanks". Said he had some fellers who swore by em.

27metalman

Like someone above posted... I haven't been that hungry yet.