Public meeting/Hearings about hunting regulations for bear, dog bear, deer, national forest, etc.

jbogg

For any of you bow hunters who might be upset with the timing of the dog bear hunt this is your opportunity to let your voices be heard. The dog bear hunt was a two year trial and while I am sure it is here to stay I feel strongly that the hunt should be moved back Several weeks to give bowhunters more of an opportunity than the one week they have currently before rifle hunters roll in followed immediately by dog hunters. I have heard that the DNR is open to considering making changes to the dog bear hunt, but only if they hear from concerned hunters. Please check out the links and try to find a meeting near you. You can certainly send in your comments by letter, but I believe that showing up in person carries more weight.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
For any of you bow hunters who might be upset with the timing of the dog bear hunt this is your opportunity to let your voices be heard. The dog bear hunt was a two year trial and while I am sure it is here to stay I feel strongly that the hunt should be moved back Several weeks to give bowhunters more of an opportunity than the one week they have currently before rifle hunters roll in followed immediately by dog hunters. I have heard that the DNR is open to considering making changes to the dog bear hunt, but only if they hear from concerned hunters. Please check out the links and try to find a meeting near you. You can certainly send in your comments by letter, but I believe that showing up in person carries more weight.

They sure didn't listen last year when the dog hunters' dollars is all they saw.

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
They sure didn't listen last year when the dog hunters' dollars is all they saw.

If money were the motive then it would have been opened across North GA and not quota limited. This may account for a very small handful of new licenses which is peanuts in the scheme of things. It's not like DNR employees get paid more money if more licenses are sold.

Sautee Ridgerunner

It’s not hard to find bears in the fall. It’s ridiculously easy to find them in the spring. Im not a fan but GA would be the first state in the east to have a spring season so it seems incredibly unlikely. Hoping it stays the way it has been.

ddd-shooter

If it went to the state house, we’d probably lose like New Jersey, we are a “blue” state after all now.

Can we get the state house to leave management decisions to the WRD? I’d be for that instead. That way they can manage best without politics.

chrislibby88

It’s not hard to find bears in the fall. It’s ridiculously easy to find them in the spring. Im not a fan but GA would be the first state in the east to have a spring season so it seems incredibly unlikely. Hoping it stays the way it has been.
Doesn’t have to be open season. Could be a very limited quota hunt, and or it could be the first 3-5 day hunt in the spring hog/yote hunt, maybe on WMAs only so spring bear hunters and national forest hikers don’t rub elbows.

chrislibby88

If it went to the state house, we’d probably lose like New Jersey, we are a “blue” state after all now.

Can we get the state house to leave management decisions to the WRD? I’d be for that instead. That way they can manage best without politics.
Our National reps are blue, but I think our state reps are mostly red, could be wrong though.

Sautee Ridgerunner

Ga is definitely one of many states who should have biologists making decisions instead of politicians. We seem to share that problem with most Eastern states. The florida and new jersey situations are a perfect example.

But if that were the case we wouldnt have deer baiting and that seems to be a necessity now for some reason.

splatek

UAEC
Ga is definitely one of many states who should have biologists making decisions instead of politicians. We seem to share that problem with most Eastern states. The florida and new jersey situations are a perfect example.

But if that were the case we wouldnt have deer baiting and that seems to be a necessity now for some reason.

Is deer baiting a political decision?
i am asking for real, because I am new to this game and don;t now the history.