Bad luck hunters

Dupree

Y’all ever have someone you have took, that it seems like every time they go you don’t hear anything? That’s how it is with my wife. I took her quite a few times prior to our kids, and every time we wouldn’t hear anything, but I could be covered up in birds the morning prior. Took her this morning for the first time in 12 seasons, and although the weather seemed perfect we heard zero in about 3 miles covered. Places I was hearing plenty of birds this season. Great morning regardless. Found a pile of morels, although only about 10% of them were still edible, Most were already deteriorating.E5BB9A4C-1143-48C9-BEAC-783691C7F927.jpeg0B0B3FE2-0324-4C2B-B797-0A50AB62050E.jpeg

Last edited:

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
She's in cahoots with the turkeys. Look at the smile on her face.:ROFLMAO: "This sucker ain't gonna hear a thing today".

I never hear much the mornings after they light it up.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Yes ! Her smile says she had a great time though !

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Dude.... my wife is the same luck with turkey huntin!
I take her a few times a year for the last 20 years. I go by myself and I'm covered up with em. I have to not shoot em. I video em with cell phone now so she can see.
When I take her either nuthin happens or some kinda dumb luck happens! For YEEEEARS!!!!
Just this Sat mornin, wife had the shotgun, we had 3 toms together at max range hung up about 45 yards. One was spook puttin back and forth, another one goin in and outta strut and drummin, the other one wonderin what was goin on for bout 3 or 4 minutes right infront of me. Wife is RIGHT beside me!! Birds didn't like it and bug out. When they were leaving she said she got a glimps of one!!!
She said a tree was in the way and she didn't see ANY of the show!!
A couple years ago we heard one gobble. I told her sit here and face that way, south, the way the gobbles were coming from. I called some and the gobbler came in. I was at a tree behind her facing east. The tom came infront of me at 45ish yards at went in and outta strutt for over 5 minutes and then bugged out. She never saw a thing!!!
Glad ya'll had a hunt together and found some good lookin chickens anyway!!!

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
My wife won’t go with me. She says I’m the bad luck bunny. She will say. Yesterday they where gobbling everywhere. What u do !

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
I ain't heard a gobble this season yet. Only saw a couple hens while hunting. Our weather has been horrible for turkey hunting.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I’ve heard just a few gobbles and seen a few hens......not a Tom or Jake seen yet!

Tadder

Hag in there me and my wife been having a little tuff luck ourselves. She did get to watch my daughter take a bird this season. That was a Blessing. Tuff when they only got a limited amount of mornings they can be out. We did hear one and another hunter can in behind us and bugggered it up for us. One of them see a truck parked lets go hunt with them hunters. ;) OH, if I'm not with my wife hunting and I see them , I may just go hunt with them and see how they like it LOL. Good luck folks.