2021 Oglethorpe County

Buford_Dawg

Oh well, turkey season was a bust for me. 2 years in a row I have had little success. What few birds I heard were over the property lines. Hunted this AM and cleaned up camp and pulled my last camera that was in the woods. Gonna take a break and do some fishing and golfing the next 3 months. September will be here before I know it and deer season back in order.

Triple C

Must have had some very strong straight line winds in OC late last week. Got down yesterday and had 1/2 dozen or more large red oaks that had blown over. Some just snapped about 10 ft up the trunk. Always hate to lose the large 50 plus year old oaks.

Todd E

Must have had some very strong straight line winds in OC late last week. Got down yesterday and had 1/2 dozen or more large red oaks that had blown over. Some just snapped about 10 ft up the trunk. Always hate to lose the large 50 plus year old oaks.
Yes, we did. I saw some big ones down and some chicken house damage.

Buford_Dawg

BTW Trans, I dont know if you been down lately, but looks like logging in happening on your road, thinning on right hand side at your gate. I assume all the way over to where it meets us. I did not go check that property line.

transfixer

BTW Trans, I dont know if you been down lately, but looks like logging in happening on your road, thinning on right hand side at your gate. I assume all the way over to where it meets us. I did not go check that property line.

I was down Sunday a week ago, didn't see any sign of logging then, but that doesn't mean anything, I'll be back this coming Sunday weather permitting, I need to put my cameras back out as I pulled them all out after first of the year, that area was thinned a couple years back, not sure what they would be doing now ? I do expect them to cut all the big pines within the next two to three years though, according to what the logging foreman told me a couple years back, of course they are plenty big enough to cut now, if they wanted to, With the demand for lumber and such, they may be wanting to,

transfixer

Four cell cams running. Got my first velvet pic this growing season. View attachment 1080245

thats why I want to get my cams back out in the woods, I'm curious about how many fawns we have this year, and see what bucks are looking like,

I tried searching for one of the new Reveal X cameras over the weekend, that was fruitless, sold out everywhere, of course they aren't stocked in the bigger online stores at the moment anyway, maybe they will be soon, I want to pick up at least one of them, supposed to have new features, including pic on demand

Arrow3

I just acquired a Remington BDL in 6mm Rem. Pretty gun. Got some age on it but there's a kicker. The gun has a brass plate riveted to it saying something like "Congratulations on your lucky 12" Larry and Janice

I have a feeling that this gun is being missed by someone. The gun has been transferred through a FFL so I know it hasn't been reported stolen. Just seems like this was a special rifle to someone at sometime.

I'd really like to find the original owner to see if they want it back. All I want is what I paid for it and they can get it back if they want it.

Maybe they were in a financial tight and had to sell it and now would like to have it.

Something just tells me to look for them.

Last edited:

Triple C

Big day for the AC clan tomorrow. We officially become residents of Oconee County which will put me within 30 minutes of the farm in Oglethorpe. Thrilled to be leaving NW metro ATL! Looking forward to living amongst a crew of grandkids and being closer to the fine folks in Oglethorpe County.