New to GON, looking for local info.

Sguy2k5

Im new to Cherokee county and looking for some outdoor locations, abandoned quarries, or other safe shooting locations.

Looking to teach a young-in' firearms and safety.

Any info would be appreciated

*throws another log on the fire...*

Sguy2k5

Welcome to the fire, Im no help on places to shoot outdoors in your area but Big woods goods has a indoor range and a friendly staff. I always stop by when Im in the area.

Yes, they have been awesome. Hi-Caliber has been a great place as well. I appreciate you responding.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Welcome to the Campfire.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Im new to Cherokee county and looking for some outdoor locations, abandoned quarries, or other safe shooting locations.

Welcome to Woody's! Ask any and all questions, someone somewhere will help while others will appreciate the help.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member

I would google WMA shooting ranges for that area. There maybe private shooting clubs for that area to join as well.
Unless you own the private land such as you called abandon locations. They are owned by someone or a company. Permission is required.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
I am not from aroudn there so can't help with your question but welcome to Woody's. If there is an answer, someone here will have it and will likely share ti with you.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Chestnut Mountain Shooting Range, in Johns Mountain WMA, is probably your closest public land shooting range. Quick google search shows a couple closer private ranges.

Welcome to the campfire.

Sguy2k5

I would google WMA shooting ranges for that area. There maybe private shooting clubs for that area to join as well.
Unless you own the private land such as you called abandon locations. They are owned by someone or a company. Permission is required.

I would never think of trespassing, just looking for some places to reach out to is all.

normaldave

GON Weatherman

TJay

Many moons ago I used to shoot at locations you described but I just don't know any here in Cherokee. It's getting so populated it's hard to find somewhere other than a private shooting range to shoot. That being said I belong to the Pickens County Sportsmans Club in Pickens county. It is a nice large facility and about 30 minutes away for me.

georgia_home

The wma over near lula has one also. It’s a bit of a hike. Check before going.