Let's see some Jeeps!

benellisbe

My old JK. I have since gotten rid of it for now. Family is too large for a 4 door jeep with 2 still in booster/car seats.jk-16.jpg

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
I made a trip to Scottsboro, AL this morning to meet a friend of mine son and pick up a set of 5 33 12.5 15 Mickey Thompson MTZ’s!!!!! Now to find some 15 x 8 black steel wheels for a TJ to mount them on.

20210927_134432_copy_800x600.jpg20210927_134416_copy_800x600.jpg

hopper

I made a trip to Scottsboro, AL this morning to meet a friend of mine son and pick up a set of 5 33 12.5 15 Mickey Thompson MTZ’s!!!!! Now to find some 15 x 8 black steel wheels for a TJ to mount them on.

View attachment 1106741View attachment 1106740
Nice. Those ProComp alloy wheels are awesome and priced right. I ended up with them and the procomp tires as a set.

Last edited:

John Cooper

Nice. Those ProComp alloy wheels are awesome and priced right. I ended up with them and the procomp tires as a set.
These will be my trail tires, so I figured I would just order the Steel wheels from RC I think they are like $60 or so a piece and free shipping!!!!

John Cooper

Nice. I thought about getting an extra set with some good ATs.
AndyG on the Jeep forum picked these up from a member in Atlanta, he drove on them for a week and I got them :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I just looked and the steelies from RC are like $54.00 plus free shipping, I will probably order a wheel every other week and then get them mounted. The date code on these tires is from 2012, that's one reason I am not gonna run them all the time.

John Cooper

Jeeptober fest in Pigeon Forge is Oct. 23. We will be heading up that morning and staying through Sunday. Anyone else going??

Don't be shy I'm sure it will be a great time!!!

longbowdave1

A jeep issue. I now have just shy of 240,000 miles on my jeep. I'm am on the 5th windshield due to rock damage on the highway, and my current windshield has two chip repairs and I just got a new chip yesterday. I feel it is due to the steep upward angle of the jeep windshields. Anyone else had multiple rock damage issues????

John Cooper

A jeep issue. I now have just shy of 240,000 miles on my jeep. I'm am on the 5th windshield due to rock damage on the highway, and my current windshield has two chip repairs and I just got a new chip yesterday. I feel it is due to the steep upward angle of the jeep windshields. Anyone else had multiple rock damage issues????

Not lately, but I have a new windshield in mine from the sand and road dirt glazing the old one. In the past I have had rock chips more on Jeeps, FJ 40 and other flat type windshields. Like you I think it's because of the flat plane of the glass.

John Cooper

Me and the wife road over to Coppinger cove this morning. It's maybe 20 miles from my house and I didn't know about it till last week!!!! Saw a group of Jeepers from Georgia and followed them to the trail head, crossed the stream and turned around and came back across. Trying to get a group of folks with at least one person who knows Coppinger cove.
20211023_115034_copy_800x600.jpg20211023_114842_copy_800x600.jpg

John Cooper

Alright guys, we are in the planning stages of getting a ride up for Coppinger cove, @hopper and the rest of you guys I expect for yall to join in.

John Cooper

Swapped on the Mickey Thompson MTZ’s, yes they are louder than the Firestones but will be better for playing off road!!!! I have also been looking for and found a good deal in a Ford 8.8 inch rear end, will be picking it up this/next weekend and taking it to the guy who is gonna build it for my Jeep!!!!!

Here are the tires!!!!
20211104_122646_copy_800x600.jpg20211104_122703_copy_800x600.jpg