?? Pendulum Sight ??

Ok so.....I miss my old 1 pin glow pendulum sight that was on my "HIGH-COUNTRY 4 RUNNER"! Like I said in other forum's I finally had to hang it up due to wear & tear and serious LIMB CRACKING happening!:( It was my 1st bow and I was deadly accurate with it!! Well since I got this new/used "2016 Bear-Cruzer" bow for my bday this year I've tried to become accustomed to shooting a 3 pin TRU-GLO in which I have only 2 pins sighted dead on @ 20 & 30 yds...but I miss my old PENDULUM SIGHT & wanna put it on my BEAR BOW! It's hard to find out alot of info in sighting in the sight tho. Due to how old it is...?? I think it may have been a KELLER PENDULUM from wayyyy back in the day?? Hahaha what is y'all's input!! Should I swap it over to my new BEAR CRUZER or....??

Attachments

• 20210926_144101_(1).jpg
    20210926_144101_(1).jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 20210926_144047_(1).jpg
    20210926_144047_(1).jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 43

kayaksteve

I don’t see any reason it wouldn’t work or sight in just fine. If it’s what I was comfortable with I wouldn’t hesitate to use it

GregoryB.

I remember sighting mine in on the ground and then going to my treestand to test it. Shot beer cans at 40 yards all day. I remember speaking to Mr Keller about it in person back in the day at Tracker Jack's.

Hillbilly stalker

My Keller did not look like that one in the picture. Mine was a good sight, but it was noisy. I might still have the paperwork on it, I'll check. If you can shoot it, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.(y)

across the river

Design wise it looks to be one of the old Savage System Pendilum Sights. It isn't a Keller. Bolt it on, sight it in, and sling some arrows. Most of the deer I have killed with a bow over the years were with a Keller. If that is what you feel comfortable with, use it.

BASS1FUN

If your bow shoots over 300fps stick with pins I’ve always used a pendulum sight but the guy that set up my bow told me this and I tried to defy it but to no avail it was no consistency in my shots been shooting pins since 2004 now

Well I listened to what JimThompson said and went ahead and took my TruGlo 3 Pin off and putting on the Pendulum Sight that I grew up on hunting with and taking well over 20 deer with...!?!? I got up on my roof as an elevated height @ 20 yards to sight it in and I had it shooting patterns within each shot of 3in apart and now I tweaked it a tad bit more and It's dead on @ up to 35 yards give or take!!! Thank for everyones helpful words and the jump to do whatever makes me feel comfortable when I'm BOW HUNTING!!

Attachments

• 20211007_133914_HDR.jpg
    20211007_133914_HDR.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 20211007_133658_HDR_(1).jpg
    20211007_133658_HDR_(1).jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 13

Jim Boyd

Keller was preceded by another pendulum we used in the late 70’s.

The housing was almost square.

It used a small battery inside the pendulum and a little LED lit up. The switch (a screw) was on the side of the pendulum.

It was good from 0 to about 25 yards if I recall correctly.

Bows were super slow back then.

The sight had a piece of fishing line stretched across the front and you glued beads on the line for 30 and 40.

Anyone recall?

Todays super fast bows may even work further out than 30.

Latest posts