Braves 2021 Season Thread

Duff

Well, that wasn’t good

Duff

I’m not going to arm chair qb, but I’m not down with throwing those same relievers every game. It’s like facing a pitcher the 3rd time through. Odds jump to the hitters favor after you see all their pitches. Even if is the next day

BornToHuntAndFish

Nice 4-run comeback for the Braves in the 4th-inning to take the lead, but very disappointing giving up 4-runs in the 8th-inning. Rough game for Braves pitching. No starting pitcher listed yet for Atlanta in next game.

Before Tuesday Game 3, some stats from sports radio for Braves road games on Dodgers turf:

- Braves lost 10 of their last 11 games out there. (now 11 of last 12)

- Braves lost 20 of their last 24 games out there. (now 21 of last 25)

- Last time Braves won out there was in June 2018.

Tough for Atlanta giving up close games after gaining a lead.

DannyW

In a nutshell, that game is why I encourage all the young folks on here to not become Braves fans. Just. Don't. Do. It.

If you ignore this advice you will have sentenced yourself to a lifetime of crushed hopes and dreams.

I will go ahead and succumb to the inevitable - LAD in 6. And hope by predicting that, it somehow jinx's the Dodgers. But I doubt it.

I have seen this movie way too many times over the last 50+ years and know the ending by heart.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
In a nutshell, that game is why I encourage all the young folks on here to not become Braves fans. Just. Don't. Do. It.

If you ignore this advice you will have sentenced yourself to a lifetime of crushed hopes and dreams.

I will go ahead and succumb to the inevitable - LAD in 6. And hope by predicting that, it somehow jinx's the Dodgers. But I doubt it.

I have seen this movie way too many times over the last 50+ years and know the ending by heart.
You make good points and more than likely you are calling it right. I sure hope you’re wrong.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Y'all didn't really believe the Dodgers were gonna lie down and let the Braves sweep them did you?