If a virus killed your daughter but not you, could you witness on the power of prayer?

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Don't always take as ridicule discussion from someone who doesn't believe the same as you. I have seen a lot of spirited discussions in here, but very little ridicule from either viewpoint.
I must admit that my feelings are influenced by many previous threads and what was said in those threads by some of the posters on this thread as well. But, I won't dwell on that.

ky55

I must admit that my feelings are influenced by many previous threads and what was said in those threads by some of the posters on this thread as well. But, I won't dwell on that.

Rooster, what would you define as ridicule?
Do you think everybody should respect your beliefs?

ky55

Artfuldodger

I don't really think it would be wrong for a Christian to proselytize in this forum if he is being lead by God to do so. Perhaps some see the Great Commission as commanding them to do so.

That being said is what starts out as that soon morphs into pride. Then that person regardless of what forum or what faith changes the discussion to being about self and not God.
More or less a competition as to who can win the argument or debate. Not really trying to teach or learn any more.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I don't really think it would be wrong for a Christian to proselytize in this forum if he is being lead by God to do so. Perhaps some see the Great Commission as commanding them to do so.

That being said is what starts out as that soon morphs into pride. Then that person regardless of what forum or what faith changes the discussion to being about self and not God.
More or less a competition as to who can win the argument or debate. Not really trying to teach or learn any more.
How does someone know they are being led by the God of the religion they belong to? Or any god at all?

ambush80

How does someone know they are being led by the God of the religion they belong to? Or any god at all?

"And it's whispered that soon if we all call the tune
Then the piper will lead us to reason"

"Your head is humming and it won't go, in case you don't know
The piper's calling you to join him
Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow? And did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind?"

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
"And it's whispered that soon if we all call the tune
Then the piper will lead us to reason"

"Your head is humming and it won't go, in case you don't know
The piper's calling you to join him
Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow? And did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind?"
Big Zeppelin fan

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
What do you think of Greta Van Fleet (Led Millenials, as I call them)? Ever heard Rival Sons?
I have some of their music on my playlist. I cannot say that I have heard Rival Sons

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
The Circle does a lot of Zeppelin covers with Jason Bonham on drums. Sammy Hagar has a good Zeppelin voice.
Their Live At Your Service Album is good. Mix of Van Halen, Sammy and Zeppelin tunes

ambush80

I have some of their music on my playlist. I cannot say that I have heard Rival Sons

When I heard this guy sing the first note in this song the hair on the back of my neck stood up. They are a "manufactured" band like Led Zeppelin. I think the guitarist's interesting phrasing is similar to Page's.

This one is a good soundtrack for heavy work like plowing or framing.

I always thought David Coverdale could pull off Zeppelin.

Last edited:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Good jams.
Ann Wilson/Heart have some good Zeppelin covers. Dream Theater does some great Zep covers so. Their version of Deep Purples Perfect Strangers is incredible.

ky55

Sorry, but as I said, I'm not going to dwell on this or discuss it further.

You don’t need to apologize.
Lots of folks make assertions they can’t support down here on the A/A forum.
They just make their assertions and offer no support at all.

ky55

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
I don't need to support my assertions. They're self evident. I'll edit to add that I've gone back and read quite a few of your posts on this forum and others. It would be best if you put me on your ignore list and I'm putting you on mine. I won't be associating with you.

Last edited:

ky55

I don't need to support my assertions. They're self evident. I'll edit to add that I've gone back and read quite a few of your posts on this forum and others. It would be best if you put me on your ignore list and I'm putting you on mine. I won't be associating with you.

Top of the page:

“Atheists/Agnostics/Apologetics
A place to discuss why you believe what you believe or why you don't”