oops...Tail of the dragon claims another one

walkinboss01

That would be painful regardless of if he got hurt…

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Came out of Cades Cove a back way & hit that one time. Have mercy.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Bunch of idiots on that road all the time. I feel bad for the local folks who have to use it to get where they're going.

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Bunch of idiots on that road all the time. I feel bad for the local folks who have to use it to get where they're going.

Yep all these yahoos bring their cars and motorcycles up to mountains to have a little fun. All it does is put strain on the local EMS /Fire Services when they have to scrape their dumb tails off the pavement or from around a tree. All the locals I know can't stand all the idiots acting a fool. Blood mountain is covered up with'em......

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill

Yep all these yahoos bring their cars and motorcycles up to mountains to have a little fun. All it does is put strain on the local EMS /Fire Services when they have to scrape their dumb tails off the pavement or from around a tree. All the locals I know can't stand all the idiots acting a fool. Blood mountain is covered up with'em......
AMEN! Where these idiots get the idea that ANY stretch of road is their own personal road course is stupid, selfish, and dangerous.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Ha! Y'all ain't got to be worried about this old boy being back on the Dragon's Tail!
We were in a Tahoe, doing about 15mph & it was nerve wracking.
Best part was my MIL was with us & nervous as long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. ??

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Ha! Y'all ain't got to be worried about this old boy being back on the Dragon's Tail!
We were in a Tahoe, doing about 15mph & it was nerve wracking.
Best part was my MIL was with us & nervous as long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. ??

GEEZ...

Flat land drivers

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member

They mostly stay on your side of the mountain since Union county ground those rumble stripes all the way to the top of the Blood. They make it might unpleasant to cross the center line.

Doug B.

I have ridden the Tail of the Dragon several times on my Ultra Classic. It is really not that bad. There is a speed limit. If you stay within that limit then it is actually a nice scenic drive. The problem I have see is the crotch rockets and sports cars trying to fly around those curves and coming around blind curves on the wrong side of the road. I also saw a guy that had obviously never ridden a motorcycle much lay a brand new Harley Davidson down cause he locked down on his front brakes. Ride it or drive it with some common sense and you shouldn't have any problems except for other idiot drivers.

But most of our roads here where I live are not much different than Tail of the Dragon so I guess I am more used to it.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I have ridden the Tail of the Dragon several times on my Ultra Classic. It is really not that bad. There is a speed limit. If you stay within that limit then it is actually a nice scenic drive. The problem I have see is the crotch rockets and sports cars trying to fly around those curves and coming around blind curves on the wrong side of the road. I also saw a guy that had obviously never ridden a motorcycle much lay a brand new Harley Davidson down cause he locked down on his front brakes. Ride it or drive it with some common sense and you shouldn't have any problems except for other idiot drivers.

But most of our roads here where I live are not much different than Tail of the Dragon so I guess I am more used to it.
Yep, it's just pretty much a normal mountain road that has been made into some kind of racetrack by urban flatlanders.

pjciii

I was on my ultra classic and watched a rider run his bike right in to the side of the mountain. To much speed and not enough experience. Was a brand new road glide. I didnt even stop he had enough buddies To help.

Also i am ready to trade my ultra classic in on the pan America 1250. I seen one or touched one but i love it

Last edited:

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
my son in law use to work up there on weekends. He was a paramedic at the time. He said on summer weekends, it wasn't if there was going to be an accident, it was how many accidents were there going to be.

He is flying with the life flight crew out of Winder now.

Doug B.

I was on my ultra classic and watched a rider run his bike right in to the side of the mountain. To much speed and not enough experience. Was a brand new road glide. I didnt even stop he had enough buddies To help.

Also i am ready to trade my ultra classic in on the pan America 1250. I seen one or touched one but i love it
Inexperience is a big part of why there are so many wrecks there. I don't know how many bikes I have seen dropped just in the parking lot of the store on the NC side. Not to mention the ones you see wobbling when they see you come around a curve. Me and my wife would just pull over and sit for a while and just watch the show while we munched on a snack. Funny what you will see.

pjciii

I would feel bad for the ones that are wearing inappropriate Clothes for meeting the asphalt. Tube tops, shorts, flip flops.

Lindseys Grandpa

Have been on it several times . You truly get to see stupidity at a high level . Talked with a Tennessee Trooper and he said that if a Trooper gets in trouble he gets 2 assignments Tail of Dragon and Bristol race