I think one of my tactacams was stolen…

mtclev5651

So friends I need help. My app is still showing the “vitals” of battery power and reception. However, the temp is not displayed and says unknown. It also has not updated since yesterday morning. I have turned the “check in pictures” option with no luck. Should I give up hope that’s it still out there?

Attachments

• A9A3E184-82A3-4583-A665-B037983A8A78.png
    A9A3E184-82A3-4583-A665-B037983A8A78.png
    268.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 3E133B10-32F5-40EE-B4A5-52CE42EE17A8.png
    3E133B10-32F5-40EE-B4A5-52CE42EE17A8.png
    162.7 KB · Views: 28

sleepr71

Yep. I’m running 3 & it’s been wonky for the last month or so. Get notifications & pics won’t upload. Log on/off…sometimes works. Powering down my phone & turning it back on works. I think I read somewhere that they are having server issues(as in their server can’t handle the amount of users/cameras out there)…I’d get somebody to physically check it out.

Jim Boyd

That’s the plan this weekend but it’s not a close spot so it’s not a spontaneous chance. Was looking for any experience?

Great point, sir.

I cannot offer even the slightest bit of guidance.

BUCKFAT

If the camera is stolen leave it active until you are about to be billed. If they turn it back on the camera will send you a picture and except the changes in your settings that you applied. If this does not happen right before your next bill is due and you do not want to pay to keep hoping to get a picture. Then you would suspend that camera. This will stop the billing but keep the camera linked to your account. If you deactivate the camera it will wipe the camera clean and there is no way for tactacam to know it is stolen. Also report it to Tactacam as stolen. They will want a police report so if they do see the person is trying to activate the camera they can then provide information to the police.

mtclev5651

Thank you all.
update is that my father in law went out yesterday to check it and as we approached I could see that my stand had not been stolen, along with the camera BUT they did eject my battery pack and steal the fancy SIM card . I consider myself lucky but am still irritated about the tresspassing

BUCKFAT

Contact Tactacam they can sell you a new SIM card. You have to get it from them. You can not go to Verizon or att. The cost is $11.98 that includes shipping. They are still trying To catch up in customer service it would be quicker if you contact them on Facebook. PM Reveal by Tactacam. One of their CSR will respond quickly.

BUCKFAT

Just want to be clear you meant SIM card and not SD card if they just stole your SD card you can purchase another recommended card on Amazon. Most towns do not carry the higher end SD cards at local stores.