Why Tennessee isn't getting any transfers

BuckNasty83

Link below for those not aware.

I get it, we're trying to stay ahead of what the NCAA's likely punishment will be.

• They've self imposed

• Have gotten rid of all coaches, players, administrators, etc. that was involved.

• Completed internal investigation

• Didn't settle when Pruitts lawyer tried to use scare tactics

But self imposing scholarship reduction is STUPID. Especially when we're already SEVERELY lacking in depth.

Considering the state of the NCAA and how other schools are telling the NCAA to shove it, and the NIL deals, why are we bowing down in a time we should be standing up?

Only thing I can think of is expecting leniency in punishment and then hitting the portal hard after spring ball to game the scholarship numbers system.

“Tennessee Is Self Mandating Scholarship Reductions … How they’ve gotten there is by aging out those that have left and encouraging others to hit the portal. I hear Tennessee has hovered around a number in the low 70’s dating back to the beginning of each semester. The first day of classes Tennessee must be at their desired scholarship number. I hear the number is somewhere between 72-74 which will leave Tennessee locked out of the transfer market as they’re already at their number as you read this.
“The only way Tennessee could add a player like Trelon Smith is to either cut an existing player from their roster and thus send someone into the portal or encourage an early enrollee freshman to not enroll until May.”

What are yalls thoughts on this? Good move or bad?

https://atozsports.com/nashville/why-isnt-tennessee-football-getting-any-transfer-players/

Last edited:

Rackmaster

Political Forum Town Crier

I get it, we're trying to stay ahead of what the NCAA's likely punishment will be.

• They've self imposed

• Have gotten rid of all coaches, players, administrators, etc. that was involved.

• Completed internal investigation

• Didn't settle when Pruitts lawyer tried to use scare tactics

But self imposing scholarship reduction is STUPID. Especially when we're already SEVERELY lacking in depth.

Considering the state of the NCAA and how other schools are telling the NCAA to shove it, and the NIL deals, why are we bowing down in a time we should be standing up?

Only thing I can think of is expecting leniency in punishment and then hitting the portal hard after spring ball to game the scholarship numbers system.

What are yalls thoughts on this? Good move or bad?

https://atozsports.com/nashville/why-isnt-tennessee-football-getting-any-transfer-players/

It is still early and yes y'all have got some out of the portal already!

Capture+_2022-01-21-13-21-25~2.png

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Football/TransferPortal/

This is how you keep up with it!

BuckNasty83

fishnguy

Mincey makes sense, Shuler is only being taken because he is a legacy (Heath Shuler son). Besides Mincey, these guys aren't even going to contribute and seems we're not going to pursue any others. We're capping our limit to 74 with an 85 limit
Buck, you see what Georgia did with a walk on qb? Shuler could be your ticket with that go offense up at Tennessee. ?

Rackmaster

Mincey makes sense, Shuler is only being taken because he is a legacy (Heath Shuler son). Besides Mincey, these guys aren't even going to contribute and seems we're not going to pursue any others. We're capping our limit to 74 with an 85 limit
Buck y'all have a awesome QB in the making with Hendon Hooker, y'all looked good against Bama in the 1st half!

Still early y'all could get some good players out of the portal to help Hooker, just be patient and watch the portal a lot of movement going on and it's just January!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Maybe give that a shot? Everybody else is.

BuckNasty83

Did you ever consider that maybe no one wants to play in that dumpster fire?
It's possible, but that's not what is happening if you read the article. We're basically self imposing scholarship reduction by 10+

“Tennessee Is Self Mandating Scholarship Reductions … How they’ve gotten there is by aging out those that have left and encouraging others to hit the portal. I hear Tennessee has hovered around a number in the low 70’s dating back to the beginning of each semester. The first day of classes Tennessee must be at their desired scholarship number. I hear the number is somewhere between 72-74 which will leave Tennessee locked out of the transfer market as they’re already at their number as you read this.
“The only way Tennessee could add a player like Trelon Smith is to either cut an existing player from their roster and thus send someone into the portal or encourage an early enrollee freshman to not enroll until May.”

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
It's possible, but that's not what is happening if you read the article. We're basically self imposing scholarship reduction by 10+

This
Did you ever consider that maybe no one wants to play in that dumpster fire?
was in response to your seeming concern, posted here,
over the lack of "quality" in the transfers UT has managed to pick up listed here
It is still early and yes y'all have got some out of the portal already!

View attachment 1130379

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Football/TransferPortal/

This is how you keep up with it!
Quality players want to go to quality programs and the dumpster fire that is UT football of the past two decades ain't it.

Rackmaster

This

was in response to your seeming concern, posted here,

over the lack of "quality" in the transfers UT has managed to pick up listed here

Quality players want to go to quality programs and the dumpster fire that is UT football of the past two decades ain't it.
Well Clemson went from a top 5 the last 7+ years to #25 in 1 year, anything is possible nowadays!

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !

We are all aware. Tennessee sucks and no one wants to play in that dumpster. Play in Tennessee and get hit with batteries and beer cans if you lose. You hillbillies mistreat your own band.

BuckNasty83

We are all aware. Tennessee sucks and no one wants to play in that dumpster. Play in Tennessee and get hit with batteries and beer cans if you lose. You hillbillies mistreat your own band.

Meh, everyone knows we were hosed in that game. Same thing happened in the bowl game. What happened wasn't ok, but you keep poking the bear......

Refs need to be reviewed and held accountable. We're seeing it more and more and this is about the only way to get anyone's attention

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
Meh, everyone knows we were hosed in that game. Same thing happened in the bowl game. What happened wasn't ok, but you keep poking the bear......

Refs need to be reviewed and held accountable. We're seeing it more and more and this is about the only way to get anyone's attention

The is NO excuse for what I saw from Tennessee fans that night. None, Zero, Nata! I wouldn’t have cared what school it was!

But to be fair, it was a small percentage of the fans and I hope they arrested and banned them all.