Time for a new dog. Need suggestions

Lilly001

Update. Been meaning to post this since Christmas. We settled on a Springer Spaniel. This pic was taken the other day and she’s growing like crazy. My daughter’s dance teacher breeds Springers and had this puppy left about a month before Christmas. My wife showed me a picture and told me how much. She thought it was a lot of money but I told her to go for it. She hemmed and hawed around and the dog was bought by somebody else. We thought we were going to have to make other arrangements. Lo and behold a couple weeks before Christmas we got a message from the breeder saying she had the puppy again as something had happened with the couple who bought her. We jumped at the second chance. My daughter cried when she got her. This is Jolene, my wife and kid like Dolly Parten, but we call her JoJo. She’s a great addition to the family, smart as a whip, and already treeing squirrels.
View attachment 1129121
My avatar is my 16 year old Springer.
unfortunatly she has cancer and wont make it much longer. But I have to say she is the happiest dog I’ve ever known.
She has always been to smart for her own good.
Good luck with the new family member.

ghadarits

I'm not sure if Jack Russel has been thrown out there but they are smart dogs too. I had one that almost made it to 19yo and she had more want to hunt in her than any other three dogs combined. She was such a hunter that she could only do about 30 minutes in the house without getting antsy and going around to all the windows to check if anything was outside for her to kill.

Reactions: Dub

Madman

If it is an outside sleep in the garage dog, I find it hard to beat a Beagle. They shed too much to be in the house.

My wife is looking for a beagle rescue now, had to our little female down this AM.

Tough day.