? 20/20 Turkey ? Challenge Smack Talk Thread !

Swamprat

Swamprat
Prayers for Kmac and his family.....sorry for his loss but if he needs anything just let us know, we will be here for him. He does a lot for us.

Thanks Ant for bringing this to our attention.

Swamprat

Swamprat
It will put a little extra pressure on u for sure if u let it , I killed my limit every year for a long time until I started with this challenge , but I blame it on me letting my daughter man the gun lately

Your daughter is the Terminator of the turkey woods....congrats to you for raising her right and congrats to her for following in your footsteps and have a love of the outdoors.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
My daughter said she didn’t want to play , she wants me to sign her up for a contest in our area that one of Beaglers friends runs , she’s a money hungry 16yr old girl ?

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
This is the crazy part....I have for the most part of my life have hunted turkeys but never took it serious till maybe 10 or so years ago as I got older. I am now at a point in my life where I could care less if I shot another deer but would rather listen to a gobbler blowing up either on the roost or ground.

I just love it when you are yelping and they cut you off mid call with a double or triple gobble....if that does not get you going then you are clinically dead.
2 years ago we had a bird we called "Thunder Lips"....old and smart. Knew where he roosted 90% of the time just off the property in a huge pine in a clearcut next to a bottom. I could stand at our gate and see him 100 or so yards out off the property.

Took me about 3 weeks to figure out what he was doing off the property until he wandered on ours. Had him at full strut 20 yards but he knew to keep this leafy bush between us, I am not a bush shooter so off he finally went. Me and my BIL encountered him 4 more times after that all within 15 to 40 yards but every time the bird knew how to use the shrubbery against us.

Fast forward to last year.....all I thought about was this bird. Had game cam pics of him till early March then the landowner where he roosted decided he was gonna burn the clearcut right before the opener and cut a firebreak right under the tree he roosted. This bird had a distinctive gobble and I finally heard him the 2nd week of the season a ways off but he never set foot near from where he use to roam.

So I guess for the last two years was focused on just this one bird and let others walk....mostly suicidal 2 year olds and a older bird that had beard rot but he had some spurs. Was within 10-12 yards of me for 20 minutes.

Did you say something ?

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
My daughter said she didn’t want to play , she wants me to sign her up for a contest in our area that one of Beaglers friends runs , she’s a money hungry 16yr old girl ?

I will get you the info when they come out with it. Good chance she could win it to the way she smacks them big birds.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I will get you the info when they come out with it. Good chance she could win it to the way she smacks them big birds.
“Rabbit Man” I bet I know where u got that from ! Kinda like “Well Rounded Outdoorsman “

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Sweeeeeet turkey challenge up already! Dang I havn't even cleaned house or yard yet from deer season neglection.
Sorry to hear about yer loss kmckinnie, hope all is well, I think you're a great dude with a positive attitude and goofy sense of humor!

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
The sign up sheet looks like a mess!!! People still cant follow directions!!!!!!....Hmmm Swamprabbit??????? Ah ha ha ha!! There's more deleted post than there are entries!!!
Good luck to y'all gobbler hunters!! This is always fun!!

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Sweeeeeet turkey challenge up already! Dang I havn't even cleaned house or yard yet from deer season neglection.
Sorry to hear about yer loss kmckinnie, hope all is well, I think you're a great dude with a positive attitude and goofy sense of humor!
Who u calling goofy ?
???

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
The sign up sheet looks like a mess!!! People still cant follow directions!!!!!!....Hmmm Swamprabbit??????? Ah ha ha ha!! There's more deleted post than there are entries!!!
Good luck to y'all gobbler hunters!! This is always fun!!
It’s all good in there. They just thought I needed to sift through to find the entries
I forget y’all can see deleted post. ?