01/52 Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Browtine

Please read the rules posted a the link below prior to submitting your photo to this thread...

>Challenge Rules Here<

This week's suggest theme is...

HEAT

I think that's a good starting point seeing as how it's the middle of summer and the weather is pretty hot. I can't wait to see how some of you "interpret" heat in a photograph!

And a reminder that it is NOT required that you follow the theme. It is merely a suggestion and an extra bit of "challenge" for those who care to follow it. Don't let not being able or willing to follow the theme keep you from taking and sharing a photo with us.

I will be posting each week's thread and suggested theme on Monday of each week (may be posted on Sunday night when I have to work Monday). Your photo for each week should be submitted no later than 8:00 PM on the following Monday.

This week's photo is due by 8:00 PM on Monday, June 28, 2010. And remember, the photo you submit should be taken during this week. The purpose of this challenge is to encourage getting the camera out and shooting. Please don't pull from your "archives" or old files for this thread. If you wish to share an old shot that fits the theme please post it in a separate thread. I'm all for seeing them, but I'd like to keep the intent of the challenge as true as possible.

Let the fun begin!!!

:yeah:

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

LOVEMYLABXS

Here ya go BT I'll start it off. Weather is 50 deg and cloudy and raining so not a lot of heat outside but I did come up with this inside shot

Nikon D50
30-700Sigma lens Macro setting
F/22
2/5 sec
<!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->

Attachments

• DSC_0007.JPG
    DSC_0007.JPG
    189.2 KB · Views: 609

Browtine

Again, great take on the theme and awesome photo! I think you stole my best idea though! :D

I guess now would be a good time to say that even though someone posts a version of the shot you had in mind, that doesn't mean you can't still shoot the same thing and share your take on it. You still have to plan and set up the shot yourself so you're still getting the camera out and shooting! ;)

FERAL ONE

Shutter Mushin' Mod
got my wheels turnin' too ! yall give me a spell .... hot shot mike , wonder what that would look like with the lights off ?

Browtine

Searing:

(Had to DQ mine - just read the part about taken this week). :O

Well, thanks for the honesty. Now, fire that grill up this evening and I'll come over to verify that you shot a new pic of it during this week!!! :D

Browtine

Very cool shot Mike! I'm still trying to come up w/ something!

Yeah, I've got a couple of ideas but can't really set them up with the kids here. Wouldn't be setting a very good example on not playing with fire. :p

Lee Woodie

Oh the agony of

heat can be quenched by a jar of ice water.It was hot today cutting grass my wife Angie took this picture of me enjoying a cold drink with my permission first before she sent me back to cutting.

Attachments

• HEAT3.jpg
    HEAT3.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 512
Last edited:

Browtine

heat can be quenched by a jar of ice water.It was hot today cutting grass my wife Angie took this picture of me enjoying a cold drink with my permission first before she sent me back to cutting.

That sweat on your face definitely tells a story about heat! Great pic!!! :cool:

bilgerat

Senior
Taken 5 mins ago on My front porch. I think the sun was shining on it and made it go up a little but its still hot!!

Attachments

• 42010 003.jpg
    42010 003.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 553

LOVEMYLABXS

"Give me a drink of water Leroy. Give me a drink of water PLEASE" (If ya don't know the song this won't make a lot of since :rolleyes:)

Neat shot of a hot day NWCO :cool:

LOVEMYLABXS

Taken 5 mins ago on My front porch. I think the sun was shining on it and made it go up a little but its still hot!!

Bilg you can't even double my temp to get that hot :hair: Nice job :banana:

Lee Woodie

"Give me a drink of water Leroy. Give me a drink of water PLEASE" (If ya don't know the song this won't make a lot of since :rolleyes:)

Neat shot of a hot day NWCO :cool:

I'm Going To Memphis by Johnny Cash

pasinthrough

6/22/10 3:55 pm Augusta

Just throwing a couple in the hat for you guys to look at.

Parking Lot, it was 134 degrees! - Whoops! I just saw where we were only to post one photo! Sorry about that!!

I started to do an ice sculpture with a 50# block of ice, but by the time I got my chainsaw out, this was all I had! :huh:

DSC_0058.jpg

Last edited:

wvdawg

Staff member
Cool - err, uh - hot shots!

Crickett

Little Lady

Your wife done good on that shot!:clap:

I tried taking a few shots of a water bottle sitting outside but just couldn't get the shot like I wanted. I may try again tomorrow.

:hair:

Just throwing a couple in the hat for you guys to look at.

Parking Lot
DSC_0052.jpg

I started to do an ice sculpture with a 50# block of ice, but by the time I got my chainsaw out, this was all I had! :huh:

DSC_0058.jpg

LOL!

Browtine

This is fun already! Good to see so much participation so far! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.