03/52 Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Browtine

I really enjoyed everyone's photos for week #2. We saw some great shots posted that really went along with the theme. Hope everyone else is enjoying this as much as I am. :D

I'm racking my brain already trying to come up with good ones, so if anybody has any ideas I'm all ears. Just PM me with your theme suggestions. As long as they don't obviously stand to encourage photos that would violate this rules of this challenge, or more importantly the rules and intent of this forum I'll gladly use your suggestions.

One thing that always seems to be popular here is food photos. Since I'm back on my diet after having ate like a bloomin' idiot for a week on vacation food is all I can think about... so I guess this week's suggested theme will be...

FOOD

Now, go ahead and torture me! Post up pics of something you make or eat this week. And a reminder that you don't have to follow the theme if you don't want to. Just post one photo per week of whatever you wish, within the rules of course. Just get the camera out and ENJOY!

If you're new to the challenge please make sure to review the rules at the link below before submitting a photo. As far as I know everyone has done a great job of policing their submissions. If any of the moderators have had to remove anything I don't know anything about it. I respectfully ask that we continue to police ourselves here so that the moderators can enjoy this along with us rather than turning it into a job for them. :cheers:

Rules Thread Here

Now, I'm gonna go gnaw on a chair leg or something. I'm craving food something fierce! Gotta get back on it though. I cheated plenty last week. :O

Crickett

Little Lady
I knew I should've taken a photo of my wings I had for dinner tonight!:banginghe

Ok I'll have to see what's on the menu for this week. I'll have to come up w/ something that'll make y'alls mouths water.:bounce:

Great theme Chris!:cheers:

Browtine

I knew I should've taken a photo of my wings I had for dinner tonight!:banginghe

Ok I'll have to see what's on the menu for this week. I'll have to come up w/ something that'll make y'alls mouths water.:bounce:

Great theme Chris!:cheers:

Yeah, I figured this theme would go over well here. The food pics are always a hit. Unless I have a cheat day this week ya'll probably won't be very tempted by what I post though... unless it's something I fix for the kids. :banginghe :bounce:

As for the red quote above... I'm sort of dreadin' this week's photos. :cry: :O

LOVEMYLABXS

It's not home made but is store bought (Cyrus O'Learys) ;)

Attachments

• DSC_0119 copy.jpg
    DSC_0119 copy.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 338

Browtine

Homemade... store bought... doesn't matter it still looks good! Of course I prefer a good home made one, but the best apple pie in the world is the one you have within reach!

One of my favorite deserts is a good apple pie heated up with some vanilla bean ice cream on top!!! :D

Oh, and it looks like you're missing exactly one serving from it. :D

Lee Woodie

Yum yum Mike I can't believe you now I got to go raid the frig and browtine you got to put some butter on that crust when you heat it up also got to go

Browtine

Yum yum Mike I can't believe you now I got to go raid the frig and browtine you got to put some butter on that crust when you heat it up also got to go

Oh yeah! I forgot the butter! How could I? :D

wvdawg

Staff member
Not a good week to go on a diet! Nice one Mike!

carver

Looks good Mike can I have the other half?

Crickett

Little Lady
Hmmmm! That Apple Pie looks good Mike!

I had an awesome dinner tonight but I think I am gonna wait before I post my shot. I have something better planned for later in the week. Let's just say it requires the smoker!:bounce:

Browtine

Well, I'm gonna go ahead and post mine. The odds of me eatin' any better this week are slim. And who says low carb has to be ugly? Here's a shot of the 14 oz Ribeye I grilled after work today. Caught it for a good price yesterday and figured I may as well not let ya'll kill me this week by makin' me want better food. :D

Anyway, I rubbed it down last night with a light coat of olive oil, sprinkled it fairly heavily with some Montreal Steak seasoning, added a pinch more sea salt, a pinch more garlic powder and let it sit wrapped tightly in cling wrap overnight. When I got home I got the gas grill (yeah, I know, I should be jailed for usin' gas instead of charcoal...) screamin' hot and seared that baby for a couple minutes on the first side. When I flipped it I sprinkled it with a little crumbled "garlic & herb" feta cheese and seared the second side for a couple minutes or so. When it "felt right" when I poked it with my finger I pulled it, wrapped it on a plate with foil to "rest" for about 6 minutes and shot the pic.

Then it was fork and knife baby!!! :yeah:

It was PERFECTLY medium rare. It cut like BUTTER and melted in my mouth!!! :fine: I washed it down with an ICE COLD low carb adult beverage that was in the freezer for about 40 minutes while I prepped the grill and cooked the steak. It frosted over with ice when I opened it! Oh, man! :cheers:

To keep from eatin' 10,000 calories even though it was low carb I only ate about half of it tonight. I'll finish it tomorrow. Man, the first half was slap yo mama good! The second half won't be nearly as good reheated, but it will beat dry turkey or whatever low carb meal I would have had tomorrow. :bounce:

Ok, enough rubbin' it in... now for the pic. I wish you all could smell and taste it! ::ke: :D Now, let me have it! After that meal I think I could withstand anything you guys can post. I think... :O

Attachments

• 03of52.jpg
    03of52.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 271

wvdawg

Staff member
Dang - I got hungry just reading about it!

cornpile

WeeeeDoggies !!!!! Browtine you made that sound as good as it looks.That and a slab of Mikes apple pie.WeeeeeeDoggies........

Browtine

WeeeeDoggies !!!!! Browtine you made that sound as good as it looks.That and a slab of Mikes apple pie.WeeeeeeDoggies........

Yeah, a chunk of that pie... or the rest of what's left in that pic Mike posted... along with about a half gallon of vanilla bean ice cream would have been the perfect finish for my dinner. :D

mag shooter

Browtine , you owe me for a keyboard , the drool shorted mine out LOL!!!!

Browtine

Browtine , you owe me for a keyboard , the drool shorted mine out LOL!!!!

LOL! How about I just grill you a ribeye and share a cold drink with ya? :cheers:

Crickett

Little Lady
That looks delicious Chris!:cheers:

Don't be ashamed for using the gas grill. We have a dual grill. Gas on one side & charcoal on the other. The gas is very handy on those nights you don't have time to mess w/ charcoal. I will be honest I use my gas grill about 90% of the time through the week. I hardly ever use my oven.

Browtine

That looks delicious Chris!:cheers:

Don't be ashamed for using the gas grill. We have a dual grill. Gas on one side & charcoal on the other. The gas is very handy on those nights you don't have time to mess w/ charcoal. I will be honest I use my gas grill about 90% of the time through the week. I hardly ever use my oven.

Yeah, the time factor was the main reason I used gas. I don't like eatin' too late and it takes a while to get a chimney of coals just right for cookin'. Meat just tastes sooo much better over coals though... ;)

mag shooter

I need a cable release or something , I've had my shot set up 5 times for this week and it gets eaten before I can get the picture :biggrin2:

Status
Not open for further replies.