05/52 Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Browtine

Wow, a month of the challenge is gone already! We're seeing some great submissions, too! I think it's going over very well so far. I know I'm enjoying it! :cheers:

Things are going pretty good but I wanted to go over a couple of the rules that seem to be slipping a little here and there.

One is posting shots not taken during the challenge time frame for the week it's posted. The main purpose of the challenge is to encourage getting out and taking a photo, or photos once a week to enjoy the hobby more. Otherwise it just becomes another photo sharing thread. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy all the photos posted to the forum. I'd just like to stay true to the challenge's intent here as much as possible. So, I'd like to ask that everyone limit submissions to a photo that was taken between the posting of the week's theme and the deadline for that week.

Secondly, this one hasn't been a huge problem, but we've seen more than one photo submitted a couple times. I certainly don't want to sap the fun out of this for anyone by blasting with the rules, but without them it is no longer a "challenge".

Let's please try and limit our submissions to a single photo of your own choosing that is taken during the week of the thread you're posting it to. I respectfully request that any other photos fitting the theme and/or taken outside the time limits for each challenge week be shared in a separate thread for enjoyment by all. Your cooperation in keeping things in the challenge threads in line with the intent of the challenge will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Now, with the brow beatin' out of the way... ;)

This week's suggested theme is:

TEXTURE

Thanks to Feral One for suggesting that one. :cheers:

And given the limited, but all positive response I had to asking about including related photography tips along with each week's theme I'm going to include one that might help folks in capturing textures in a photograph

Tip: When shooting to capture texture in an object or surface try to set up the shot so that it is "side lit". Have the main light source off to the side rather than having the light source come from near the camera. Lighting a textured surface/object at a fairly sharp angle will create highlights and shadows in the textured surface and give a better sense of the texture.

Feel free to include tips related to shooting textures when you submit your own shots! I'm sure most of us enjoy learning and growing in our photography. I know I do!!!

Now, let's see your texture shots!

Last edited:

wvdawg

Staff member
texture

Since I'll be a bit scarce this week, I jumped on this right away.

Attachments

• 005 copy (800 x 533).jpg
    005 copy (800 x 533).jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 369

Browtine

Since I'll be a bit scarce this week, I jumped on this right away.

That was quick. And there's definitely a load of textures in that one! :cheers:

fussyray

Have not posted in a long time, but here is one.

Attachments

• DSC_0015 (1278 x 855).jpg
    DSC_0015 (1278 x 855).jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 350

LOVEMYLABXS

WOW great shots so far :cool:

Neat idea BT. Quacks Coozie showed up today and I had a photo shoot with him set up. For those that don't know about Quack Coozie and his journey do a search on the main forum, He's been travelin the world in an adventure :rolleyes: ( alot of partying :cheers:) anyway it just gave me an idea for a shot to fit into this weeks theme :fine:

xs5875

Banned
Heres my contribution..another frame filling photo. I am addicted to these for some reason. I take these pics and just show them to people and they cannot figure out what it is..although its an everyday item! Of course this is a red oak..
4812421993_14439e239a_b.jpg

LOVEMYLABXS

I tell ya i had a lot of fun workin up a shot while down by the crick but decided on Quack's Coozie doing a white water raftin trip :fine:

( oh he wouldn't wear a PFD so I tied off the raft and wouldn't let him go over the falls. Although the Big baby cried when I pulled the stack and threatin to let him go :biggrin2::rofl:

Figured I'd cover a lot of water in the TEXTURE challenge with this one :biggrin3: (pun intended :biggrin2:)

Attachments

• DSC_0023 copy.jpg
    DSC_0023 copy.jpg
    434.2 KB · Views: 321

Crickett

Little Lady
Heres my contribution..another frame filling photo. I am addicted to these for some reason. I take these pics and just show them to people and they cannot figure out what it is..although its an everyday item! Of course this is a red oak..

I love full frame! A tree was actually one of the things I was going to shoot!

I tell ya i had a lot of fun workin up a shot while down by the crick but decided on Quack's Coozie doing a white water raftin trip :fine:

( oh he wouldn't wear a PFD so I tied off the raft and wouldn't let him go over the falls. Although the Big baby cried when I pulled the stack and threatin to let him go :biggrin2::rofl:

Figured I'd cover a lot of water in the TEXTURE challenge with this one :biggrin3: (pun intended :biggrin2:)

:rofl::rofl:

Crickett

Little Lady
Pine Tree

Here's my entry for this week. I don't really know of any tips to give. This is only 1 of the things I tried for this weeks theme. I will post the others up in a seperate thread. I wanted to do B&W & the others just didn't seem to turn out as well as this one. Hope y'all like it!:D

Attachments

• Textured Tree 9383.jpg
    Textured Tree 9383.jpg
    347.7 KB · Views: 278

Seth carter

Banned
hehe

Attachments

• seth%20010.jpg
    seth%20010.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 272

SKEETER2

Tried the flashlight in the closet trick, and this is the best I could get it. Not very crisp and clear, any recommendations?

076-1.jpg

mag shooter

Here's my shot of texture .................... rock

DSC05880.jpg

Lee Woodie

surface of a starfish

different textures

Attachments

• starfish.jpg
    starfish.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 258

243Savage

Texture....Hmmmm.

Took me a while to find something good with so many possibilities to pick from. :D

Attachments

• Texture.JPG
    Texture.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 236

Browtine

Nice shots. I still haven't done mine yet.

chinquapin

I haven't been here in a long time! Sorry bout that but things have been little off lately. Here is my addition to yalls pics which have been awesome! This rose is from my Grandmas funeral last week.

Keep up the good shootin ladies and Gents and I'll be back as soon as things settle down!

Hope yall enjoy!!

Ben

Attachments

• DSC_0062-1.JPG
    DSC_0062-1.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 213
Status
Not open for further replies.