08/52 Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Browtine

Ok, we've almost knocked out two months of this thing already. Hard to believe! I've just squeaked in enough time to come up with a shot a couple times already. Haven't missed one yet though. I hope I can make it all the way through!

Anyway... as always be sure to submit shots that are taken within the time frame of each week's thread. No cheating and using old shots! ::ke: Review the rules at the link below if you have any questions before submitting to the thread. I'd rather we police ourselves rather than having to have the moderators delete submissions that aren't in compliance.

~>Review Rules Here<~

Ok, now for the weekly theme. Starting this week I have already chosen the theme for the next four weeks. I won't go into any details at this point so that I don't spoil the following weeks' "challenge" by allowing anyone to have that long to think about a shot. Unfortunately I have no way of keeping it from myself so I am going to only shoot for each week's theme and purposefully throw out any ideas I might have prior to each week's time frame so I stay "challenged" as well...

Let's kick it off... This week's suggested theme is:

RED

It's up to you whether or not you simply make red the dominating color in a shot, or go a step further and tie the color into the dominating theme of the photo's subject matter as Feral One suggested last week.

As for tips on shooting for this theme, I'm at a loss. Nothing really comes to mind except maybe doing a custom white balance in camera to get as accurate a color as your camera's sensor and software is capable of capturing... :huh:

Anyone else have any tips regarding shooting a "color"?

FERAL ONE

Shutter Mushin' Mod
to me color could also be an emotion like red would be anger or embarrasment and green jealous. i know that is deep but if the shot happens , shoot it !!! i got to get to lookin' !!!

cornpile

Just a little red
028.jpg

carver

I like it cornpile, I like the blistered paint detail.This is all I could come up with, I see them all day,everyday!
004-14.jpg

wvdawg

Staff member
Red's been on my mind!

Go Dawgs!

Attachments

• 016 copy (800 x 588).jpg
    016 copy (800 x 588).jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 319

Browtine

I was having a tough time with this one. Photographer's block or something. Then baby girl asked me to take a picture of her red tongue. Hmmm... Ok, what's more fun than red Kool-aid tongue?!? :D

Here's my red submission. ;)

Attachments

• 08of52.jpg
    08of52.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:

FERAL ONE

Shutter Mushin' Mod
kinda burnt out on colors...I may skip this one. No offense.

that is why you have to try to get the creative juices flowin' !!!! ::ke: skip if you will, i am shooting every one even if i have to do it with a CANON camera !!! :bounce::bounce::bounce:

great shots folks , chris that was a neat way to tackle the task !!!

cornpile

that is why you have to try to get the creative juices flowin' !!!! ::ke: skip if you will, i am shooting every one even if i have to do it with a CANON camera !!! :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Well Feral you are stepping up with a CANON.Great move for pic improvment.:D:D:D::ke:

Red!

Here is my red for the week. If you notice the focus is on a new bud just about to bloom. I kinda want to call it "New Beginning"

Attachments

• IMG_0260.JPG
    IMG_0260.JPG
    413.5 KB · Views: 286

LOVEMYLABXS

As Chris said I to had a hard time figurin out what I wanted but that's why it's called "THE CHALLENGE"

Bobber......... Cork.............. Float...... what ever ya want to call it :cool:

Attachments

• DSC_0028 copy.jpg
    DSC_0028 copy.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 300

Browtine

As Chris said I to had a hard time figurin out what I wanted but that's why it's called "THE CHALLENGE"

Bobber......... Cork.............. Float...... what ever ya want to call it :cool:

Wondered where you were. You're usually one of the first to post up. Nice shot though. Reminds me that I haven't been fishing a single time this year. ::ke:

LOVEMYLABXS

Wondered where you were. You're usually one of the first to post up. Nice shot though. Reminds me that I haven't been fishing a single time this year. ::ke:

Paintin the house :banginghe Retirement was suppose to be fishin and huntin and so far it's been a lot of WORK :biggrin2: Have to admit it does look pretty good will post before and after shots in a while :rofl: Plus ole carver beat me to the stop sign :rofl:They just put up a new one and I thought that would make a good shot but if you snooze ya loose :biggrin3:

Last edited:

Crickett

Little Lady

Well Feral you are stepping up with a CANON.Great move for pic improvment.:D:D:D::ke:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Great shots y'all! I'm still deciding on my subject! I have a few in mind!

Browtine

Paintin the house :banginghe Retirement was suppose to be fishin and huntin and so far it's been a lot of WORK :biggrin2:

A lot of folks say that. I'd better stop saying I'm ready to retire I guess. :bounce:

Browtine

Go Dawgs!

As soon as I named the theme this week I fully expected something Georgia from you. I knew you wouldn't let me down. :cheers:

wvdawg

Staff member
As soon as I named the theme this week I fully expected something Georgia from you. I knew you wouldn't let me down. :cheers:

What else could it have been?:huh:

Baby girl is hamming it up real good! Love them big brown eyes!

Browtine

What else could it have been?:huh:

Baby girl is hamming it up real good! Love them big brown eyes!

I hear ya... and baby girl is really learning how to use them eyes to her advantage. Takes everything I've got sometimes to not let her work me over with 'em to get her way. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.