09/52 Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Browtine

Alright folks, I'm baggin' the idea I had for this week since it was color related, too. Don't want to have the themes so similar for too long. With that said, if anyone has any suggestions for themes, please send me a private message with your ideas. I'm honestly racking my brain as I type this trying to come up with a good one for this week that's not color related... :huh:

While I'm thinking I'll include the link to the rules:

~>Rules Here<~

Ok, I think this will be a great one for this crowd. I think most of us love old, country stuff and probably love it in this condition better than "new" stuff... so this week's theme is:

WEATHERED

Since I can't really think of any great tips for photographing weathered items I'll just include a link to the definition of the term. Maybe someone will go off of the definition and get really creative on this one. :D Simple is good too, though. Something as simple as a rusty piece of metal, or faded wood would be fine.

Weathered - Merriam Webster Online

I can't wait to go looking for a shot for this one. :bounce:

Week #9 is on! :cool:

LOVEMYLABXS

When I saw the theme several ideas popped into my head so I got out early this morning and got to work mushin the button.

I found this old styroform decoy many years ago while hunting and packed it home and set it up as a yard ornament. I think it fits into the "WEATHERED" challenge :banana:

I like the theme BT nice choice :cool: should be some good stuff show up :fine:

Attachments

• DSC_0001 copy.jpg 2.jpg
    DSC_0001 copy.jpg 2.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 373

Lee Woodie

Weathered

A SIMPLE WORD WITH A POWERFUL MEANING.This Bible and I have weathered many a storm it's cover is missing and it's binder is torn.My hair is a thinning and as I struggle to read the words with in I always find a new beginning and never The End.

Attachments

• DSC_8286_edited-1.jpg
    DSC_8286_edited-1.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 372

Browtine

Great shot Mike! :bounce:

NWCO... Excellent take on the theme! :cool:

wvdawg

Staff member
I brought this old fence post home a few years ago from WV. My grandfather built the fence more than 100 years ago. It stands in the corner of my hunting room. It has some wonderful character.

Attachments

• 011 copy (446 x 800).jpg
    011 copy (446 x 800).jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 344

SKEETER2

I was on the fence about which pic I was going to submit. The picture down the road didn't turn out like I wanted, so I decided to submit this one.

(altered in color, texture, composition, or form by such exposure or by artificial means)

I used this definition and came up with this picture, Boy if these ladies could talk...

065.jpg

carver

Wow guys,great shots those things sure look the part

FERAL ONE

Shutter Mushin' Mod
awesome shots yall !!! i am looking for my opportunity still !!!

carver

This is from a old cemetery close to the Governor's mansion. I find peace in old cemeteries. I wonder about the people there and how hard their lifes must have been.How long they lived.And loved. JERRY
005-15.jpg

carver

I brought this old fence post home a few years ago from WV. My grandfather built the fence more than 100 years ago. It stands in the corner of my hunting room. It has some wonderful character.

Thats a cool tribute to your grandfather DJ( I also like the bobcat)

wvdawg

Staff member
Thats a cool tribute to your grandfather DJ( I also like the bobcat)

Thanks Jerry. I was his sidekick on the farm. Until the day he died, I was the only person in the family that he ever let drive his car. Sure do miss him - hope I can be half the grandfather that he was!
I'll try to post a closer shot of the cat - the mount turned out great! So did your photo - love to look at the old markers and the stories they hold.

LOVEMYLABXS

Some neat stuff you guys have come up with and really NICE shots :cool: Love the stories behind them also :fine:

Smokey

It's only taken me 9-weeks to play along.
Here's my Version of "WEATHERED" It is Toi, our 26 year Arabian mare. She looks kind of "weathered" and I often wonder how many rain storms like the one that just passed before I took the picture that she has "weathered" in her 26 years.

Attachments

• IMG_5473.jpg
    IMG_5473.jpg
    443.9 KB · Views: 331

SKEETER2

Here's my Version of "WEATHERED" It is Toi, our 26 year Arabian mare. She looks kind of "weathered" and I often wonder how many rain storms like the one that just passed before I took the picture that she has "weathered" in her 26 years.

Never too late, and by the way great shot of a fine mare.

LOVEMYLABXS

Why Smokey ya fooled me I figured when I saw you had posted one it would be of your "WEATHERED" old face :biggrin2:

Glad ya finally decided to join in and it is a good picture of "WEATHERED" :cool:

Browtine

We're getting some great entries again this week! Love some of the takes on the theme! I still haven't had time to go find a shot myself, but I can't wait.

And Mike brought up a good take on the theme. I actually expected someone to post up a shot of a weathered face, or ummm hand (Feral, you listenin' bro? ;) ) shot for this one. Could still happen, but I'm surprised it hasn't already. :D

FERAL ONE

Shutter Mushin' Mod
i am listenin' bro but my week of night shifts has been keepin' me away from humans !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.