1/9 pm

ditchdoc24

Back at it once again in Jasper County. Struck out bad this morning but we’re trying to come up with a game plan. Buddy is sitting in a hardwood bottom and I’m sitting in a ladder with food plots in front and behind me. Checked my trail cam as I was walking out after this morning’s hunt and almost all of the action is way after sunset. Not feeling very optimistic about our chances of seeing a deer but it’s still better than sitting at home listening to my wife and daughter fussing. Lol. Good luck everyone!

AJLBucks

One last time for me in walker county. About 10 mph N wind, pretty chilly. I’m in a ladder I call the killing tree. First time sitting here this season.

mtclev5651

Man what a blessed season. Not sitting for bucks (tagged out) . May even let does walk. Main reason I’m out here is to reflect on the blessed season from this stand. My two personal best bucks back to back one morning and two does with the crossbow. I am undeserving and so thankful.

hawkeye123

Up in Butts, saw bald eagle on way in flew up from near fish pond on back of pasture, fil been on this land 80 years never has seen 1 , I saw 3 today, 2 up road earlier at 42 & old bethel, good sign

gantt

This morning I made the comment that you couldn’t shoot one from the living room. Well this afternoon about 5pm I was I the kitchen when my wife yelled that there was deer out by the pond. I crept out on the porch and was able to shoot a beautiful doe. She was huge. She ran across the dam and dropped 40 yards from where I shot her. Definitely putting my feeder up there next year. I guess you can shoot them from the living room!!

Shipwrecked

Had some luck this evening sitting in a BaldwinCounty box stand over a food plot and empty feeder. Had six doe run in on me at 5:45. Only five ran out. By time I was able to raise my rifle they were on the run but I was able to get on #5 and stop her in her track. Great way to close out season. Heading out tomorrow morning with crossbow for the season finale.