10/13 Lanier Report vid/pic

Scout'nStripers

I got out a few days this week, both morning and afternoon trips. The topwater bass have been hit or miss for me but you can get a few on the surface if you make a few casts. The stripers are hitting the surface and if you're in the right place at the right time you can catch a few. This week we caught fish in as little as 3 feet of water to catching them over a 40-50 bottom with the topwater. Schools of stripers are drifting and surfacing out on the main lake and near the creek mouths and I've caught a few running and gunning this week. I've been using bone walking baits and the popper. One day they want walking baits and the next day they want the popper. I've been catching both stripers and bass on the popper this week and there have been a few stripers cruising the points and shallow areas. Surface temp was 77 when I trailered today. Here's a video from an afternoon run yesterday and a pic of my biggest this morning.

Attachments

• fall.jpg
    fall.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 513

Coenen

Nice fish! Thanks for the report. That winter time beard is coming in good too! :cheers:

Rabun

You're smooth as silk with that top water...very patient waiting on the fish to take it/set the hook. Love it when you capture the hits on video. Nicely done Scoutin! Keep the vids coming.

Coenen

Thanks Coenen. I'm letting the hair grow out too. Wife told me it's time to clean up the look though.
Just do one of those man-bun thingamabobs. :rofl:

I was out paddling around the BR/LR area, as per usual, today. Got one right out of the gate on a fluke, no real size. Lots of bait around. Surfacing fish were hit or miss, still very "up and down". Also thinking there might have been some "diaper stripers" up on top in the early hours.

Best thing I've had going has been trolling crankbaits around areas where I've marked active fish. Got a couple pretty decent spots doing that today, plus a nice channel cat.

Scout'nStripers

You're smooth as silk with that top water...very patient waiting on the fish to take it/set the hook. Love it when you capture the hits on video. Nicely done Scoutin! Keep the vids coming.
Thanks Rabun. I like watching the fish attack that topwater bait too. There's a lot of good blow-ups that don't make the video and there are times that I get anxious and jerk it away from the fish too. I fish more by feel than I do watching the bait. I like to look away from the bait during the retrieve because some blow-ups startle the heck out of me and I jerk out of reflex, especially when it's very close to the boat.
Way to get em Chief
Thanks Hawk

Just do one of those man-bun thingamabobs. :rofl:

I was out paddling around the BR/LR area, as per usual, today. Got one right out of the gate on a fluke, no real size. Lots of bait around. Surfacing fish were hit or miss, still very "up and down". Also thinking there might have been some "diaper stripers" up on top in the early hours.

Best thing I've had going has been trolling crankbaits around areas where I've marked active fish. Got a couple pretty decent spots doing that today, plus a nice channel cat.
If you see me in a man bun you'll know I've finally totally lost my mind. I'll probably just braid or weave it....LOL

I sure miss trolling crankbaits this time of year. Lisa and I use to have a blast trolling cranks on nice fall days. It's getting to be crankbait season and I made a batch of cranks last week. I'm probably going to be cranking and throwing jigs and shakey heads more and more over the next few weeks.

Last edited:

Lanier Jim

Good stuff Jim!