10-16 AM

Deerhunter12454

Muggy this morning. Hunting over an over grown clear cut as high as possible. Going to be interesting if I can even see open pockets

hunter922jr

I expected it to be a little cooler than what it is so I’m toasty, any who back at it in Cobb hunting a thick transition area headed to some acorns

toolmkr20

Back in the stand at Kurz. Just watched that 3pt from yesterday feed right underneath my stand. He walked up and gave my tinks drag line a little sniff. They ain’t quite ready yet. Wind is blowing crazy this morning. Good luck everyone.

chrisn1818

Up in Paulding first sit this year. Windy this morning. Strap broke on ladder stand while I was climbing up. Went to truck and got a new one. Probably ran everything off for 2 square miles. Oh well!! No acorns this year in my area but I found a hill with a ton of dogwood berries they have been hitting pretty good. Maybe I will get lucky. Good luck everyone!!

Leaves falling by the thousands. Weather bug says 63 but feels way nicer than that. Lets see if I can put this bow to use before I pull the guns come out tomorrow. And set up my new cellular cam on the way in.

Deerhunter12454

Had a nice nanny at 10 yards. Was enjoying watching her then neighbor across the street shot and spooked her off. She was eating pin oaks on the side of the clear cut.

Attachments

• 45133CC3-704E-4497-BA46-BF2ECAC7F9F6.jpeg
    45133CC3-704E-4497-BA46-BF2ECAC7F9F6.jpeg
    244.8 KB · Views: 52

chrisn1818

Had a nice nanny at 10 yards. Was enjoying watching her then neighbor across the street shot and spooked her off. She was eating pin oaks on the side of the clear cut.
All but one of my biggest bucks came out from under stands of pin oaks surrounded by thick nasty swamp. Very underrated oaks for sure!! I guess that’s not saying too much though. I have only killed 4 deer I would consider big for my area.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Doe busted me coming in this morning in Troup. About 15 minutes later this spike and 6 point came through.
14D411A8-F88F-4585-853A-1320989B175F.jpeg

Deerhunter12454

All but one of my biggest bucks came out from under stands of pin oaks surrounded by thick nasty swamp. Very underrated oaks for sure!! I guess that’s not saying too much though. I have only killed 4 deer I would consider big for my area.
One Property I hunt has plenty of acorns every year. White oaks are plentiful so it gets hard to pattern deer on food sources.
3 does were taken off this lease by other members this year so I didn’t even bother touching my gun.
Find it funny, haven’t seen many deer within bow range all year, as soon as I take the muzzleloader out, they’re within bow range. Usually how it works.

ROLLTIDE 33

Big Body 7pt chasing Does all over the place this morning. Needed Killing probably 4.5 years old. But better deer than him on this farm.