10/22 Mag release extension

GregoryB.

I noticed yesterday when I was carrying my 10/22 through the woods I kept bumping the mag release. Actually dropped my 10 round magazine (Wife finally found it for me ) in the woods. I carry the rifle with my hand under the magazine well. Just ordered a new BX trigger assembly for it and was wondering if the extended mag release would keep me from bumping it accidentally and losing my magazine ( ordered 2 more 10 round magazines too) . Figured I would swap it out before installing the new trigger group of it would stop me from bumping it all the time.

earlthegoat2

That is an interesting problem considering many people have so much trouble purposely releasing the mag on 10/22s.

I would think an extended mag release would be bumped more often but I also can’t imagine the factory one being bumped open so often either.

Maybe the spring is bad on the release and the new BX trigger will solve the problem even though it has the extension.

Dbender

The new 10/22 are terrible about accidentally hitting the mag release. They aren't flat like the old style. I'm sure there is a fix, but never researched it.

GregoryB.

Took the 10/22 squirrel hunting this evening. I noticed that my pinky slips down between the trigger guard and Mag release perfectly. I believe the long extended release will eliminate that problem the way it curves back around the trigger guard.

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
I have the same problem. Had to carry a 25 round magazine to keep from bumping the release.

GregoryB.

Got my new 10/22 BX trigger assembly and extended mag release in Friday . Popped in the new parts . The trigger breaks nicely at 2.75lbs now and the extended mag release solved the issue with my pinky releasing the magazine while I am carrying it. Was about a 10 minute process start to finish. I also went with the red trigger just to add some Bling.