100 yard range near Atlanta

Hunk

Hey guys I need to sight in my TC encore for next weekend. Does anyone know of where I can sight it in, need about 100 yards that allows black powder near Atlanta. I could drive out to Charlie Elliot and use their range but hoped for something closer.

I live near American Classic Marksman but they only have a short range.

thanks,
Hunk

Hoyt man

call dekalb county fireing range. i think there still open

Handgunner

Post a message labeled "Attention -- Riverbend Gun Club Members" and try to get an invite there. They're about a 1/2 hour to an hour from Atlanta and they have ranges from point blank to 600 yards...

And NICE Accomadations.

Kdog

Hunk, I have always gone to Wilson Shoals. However, I think the range is only 80 yards now.

Kdog

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Bill,

If you dont mind driving west, go to advanced bulletts in Temple (just off 20 at Villa Rica.

Jim

garndawg

Hey Bill,

However you resolve this, let me know, 'kay?

I've got the same problem, living in Cobb, Charlie Elliot is a bit of a poke.

Post again when you git'r'done...

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
garndawg, you should definitely go to Advanced Bulletts, pending where you are in cobb, it will be about 45 minutes for you.

Jim

Buzz

Just make sure if you go to Advanced Bullets - try to go during the week. That place is crazy on the weekends and IMO not very safe.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
7x57 said:
Just make sure if you go to Advanced Bullets - try to go during the week. That place is crazy on the weekends and IMO not very safe.

good point...I guess I have always gone during the week. also watch your head when you step down :banginghe

Jim

Meriwether Mike

Yea that set of steps will teach you to duck in a hurry. I have always felt fairly safe there and Greg will straighten those who are not safe out in a hurry.

Buzz

As with any public range - ALWAYS be on the lookout and do not be afraid to say somthing to a person who is doing something that is not safe. I would much rather speak up than see anyone get injured.

Several things I have seen at the Temple range that made me feel very unsafe.

1) Guy sitting on a 25 yard bench firing at a 100 yard target. He's firing at an angle within a few feet of the people next to him.

2) A man takes a Mini 14 out of the case (with a magazine inserted) aims it straight down the firing line and racks the action. Dumb...

3) A guy walks down to the 25 yard range while PEOPLE ARE SHOOTING and then nearly gets into a fight with 2 people that fuss at him and yells (blank) this and that when he was told to leave.

4) A guy starts shooting at the handgun targets while the range has been called clear and there is a guy pulling targets at 50 yards.

I realize that Greg will try to straighten people out but it only takes one second of stupidity to injure or kill someone. He really should have a full time range officer on the place during the weekend. First infraction gets you thrown out and you cannot return - ever.

Oh and you guys are right. Just about anytime I have been there somebody hit their head walking up or down the stairs.

EDITED by 7x57 - I put a word in there some of you might be offended by.

Last edited:

Hunk

thanks for the tips

I'll probably go and hit Charlie Elliot for now. But I need to join up at River Bend at somepoint. Thanks