10mm for hunting

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
Gives me some ideas. 180gr or 200gr.

What ammo to use and any real experiences with said ammo. I will be using RIA Ultra HC with a 5 in barrel.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
I've got several...

Nosler 180s at about 1250..

Hornady 180s at about 1200..

Underwood 180s at about 1400...

Magtech 180s at 1300ish..

All some kind of JHPs

I've shot em all at 50 off a rest with my G40MOS and Vortex red dot.

Any will stay in a pie plate, and that's about as good as I can do...

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
I haven't handgun hunted much, with one doe killed better than 20 years ago using a Taurus .44 and a red dot.

I intend keeping my shooting restricted to about 30 yards, and figure any of my ammo will do a nice job.

The gun is loaded with the Underwoods currently, if yer wondering...

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
Shots will be 20 yds or closer and with irons. My place is THICK. Going to be real selective on the shots I take.

Handgunner 45-70

I used the RIA in 10mm for quite a while. I shot bufflo bore 180 JHP and 200 grain soft points from it. I did change out spring for a 20 pound spring. Was not having any problems with the factory spring just wanted something for hot loads. the 180 JHP worked well on deer as they gave a good wound channel and 200 work well on hogs just never tried them on a deer. Underwood is another good ammo choice, good luck this season.

B. White

I have a RIA 10mm and loaded Acme 200 gr hard cast the first year I had it. Shot a 9pt at a scrape. I did not make the best shot in the world, but full penetration at an angle with a massive blood trail of about 20 yds. I don't see the same bullets available now on their website, but I prefer anything lead with penetration.

Lilly001

180 gold dot @ about 30 yds.
Hit was upper chest with a lower chest exit.
Ran about 60 yds doa.
125 lb 6 point.
Only problem was little blood and it was hands an knees thick.
My only experience.

pacecars

I have used the 200 gr and 220 gr WFN hardcast Double Tap ammo out of a Glock 20, Dan Wesson 1911, Sig 1911, Springfield 1911 and a few different S&W 610s on deer and pigs. The 220s shot best out of a 5” 610 and were devastating on deer. I put 1 of them in the ham of a fleeing deer at 25 yards and it exited the front off side shoulder and the deer folded. I have broken both shoulders on broadside shots with both loads. They work