10mm ???? need info

dunnc

I picked up a 10mm s&w 610 revolver and i plan to hunt deer with it. I want to know the best ammo for the job. I want something pretty hot I don't think it should not matter how hot with it being a revolver.

R

redneckcamo

..... the hot stuff may not be the most accurate stuff ....I learned that the hard way $$$$$$..... get some that has a good hunting projectile ..... good penetration an expansion are better than speed !!!! good mushroom an a pass thru leaves lotsa red trail fer ya too follow !!!! my 2 cents

champster

DOUBLETAP AMMO!!!!!! DOUBLETAP AMMO!!!!!! DOUBLETAP AMMO!!!!!! DOUBLETAP AMMO!!!!!! DOUBLETAP AMMO!!!!!! DOUBLETAP AMMO!!!!!! DOUBLETAP AMMO!!!!!! Accurate too

NDLucas

2nd plug for DoubleTap. It's great stuff.

HandgunHTR

Steelringin' Mod
I am going to go with Redneckcamo on this one. Find out what your revolver likes and then use that. If you don't want to spend a lot of money, try to find someone else that has a 10mm that wants to split the cost with you.

But my true honest opinion is that if you want something that your gun, you and your wallet like, you should handload for it. You can get a Lee Kit and dies for right around $100 and then be making 10mm ammo for around $15 a box. It wont take long for it to pay for itself. Plus you will definately shoot more, which is the biggest key to success in handgun hunting.

nickE10mm

In order of preference: DoubleTap Ammo, Buffalo Bore, Reed's Ammo..... or, of course, your handloads. I'd recommend getting a few different loads (XTP's or solids) in the 180gr-230gr weight range to see which one shoots the most accurately in YOUR pistol or revolver.

I'd recommend getting a few different loads (XTP's or solids) in the 180gr-230gr weight range to see which one shoots the most accurately in YOUR pistol or revolver.

Not sure about what you mean "solids" in a pistol bullet, but if you are referring to full metal jacketed rounds, that would not be a legal deer round.

nickE10mm

Not sure about what you mean "solids" in a pistol bullet, but if you are referring to full metal jacketed rounds, that would not be a legal deer round.

Solids, meaning the cast lead wide flat nose Beartooth hunting loads like what DoubleTap sells. Of course, depending on the state you hunt in, only use whats legal. I hunt in MO and we are required to use "expanding type" loads.