11/52 Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Browtine

Alright folks, week 11 is upon us. Loved the entries for the last theme! I knew that would be a good one with this crowd, though. And somehow I think this week's theme will be a good one as well.

As always, please review the rules and make your submissions in keeping with them. The two rules we seem to have the most trouble with are:

#1- Only submit one photo per thread

and

#4- The photo must have been taken within the time frame for the challenge thread it is submitted to.

And now for this week's theme. Thanks to GA1dad for suggesting this one (and several more that I will choose from randomly throughout the rest of the challenge). :cheers:

Week 11's theme is:

AMERICANA

Not sure what Americana is? Check it out on Wikipedia below for inspiration...

Americana on Wikipedia

Now, let's see what you folks come up with this week! I can't wait!!!

wvdawg

Staff member
First thing I thought of for Americana.

Miss Ross of the DeCanter Ross's!

Attachments

• 012 copy (800 x 633).jpg
    012 copy (800 x 633).jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 329

Browtine

Way to get it rolling, man! Nice shot.

wvdawg

Staff member
Thanks Chris. :flag:

Where did everybody go? :huh:

carver

I like that Dennis,that is Americana! I didn't have a lot of time this week, but this caught my eye.
001-20-2.jpg
:)

wvdawg

Staff member
Good eye Jerry - don't see enough of those now-a-days!

LOVEMYLABXS

Boy I had a hard time with this onetryin to come up with something new that would fit.

Still not sure how well this fits but.........

Wide open spaces and a pony :cheers:

Attachments

• wk11 Americana.jpg
    wk11 Americana.jpg
    308.3 KB · Views: 252

Browtine

Nice shots, guys. Not sure what I'll shoot for this one. Looks like I'm not alone. Not many entries so far!

*MrsUSbowhunter*

great shots!

I am going to try to come up with something soon. Its not too easy to do this one in Italy... haha. The only down fall of living here so far :D

toyota4x4h

Yeah Im gonna try and come up with something this weekend myself. This ones alittle tough I think anyway.

Browtine

Yeah Im gonna try and come up with something this weekend myself. This ones alittle tough I think anyway.

If you're having a hard time trying to go by the definition I posted a link to, just take a photo of ANYTHING that says "America" to you. If America stands for freedom to you, take a photo that says "freedom". And as always, the theme is simply a suggestion each week. If anyone can't come up with a photo that fits the theme, just use a "wild card" this week and take a photo of whatever you wish. I'd rather see folks do this than not participate. :cool:

After all, the whole purpose with this challenge is to get us out and shooting. It ain't all about the theme. ;)

Browtine

great shots!

I am going to try to come up with something soon. Its not too easy to do this one in Italy... haha. The only down fall of living here so far :D

I can see how this one might be tough for you living elsewhere. But hey, McDonalds is pretty much an american culture icon and surely there's one somewhere around you in Italy. :D A cool, or even creative photo of an Italian Mickey D's would be better than no photo at all! :D

Crickett

Little Lady
I plan on getting out to shoot on Sunday. I've been so busy w/ orders this week I ain't time for anything else.

Great photos y'all! :clap:

Browtine

I plan on getting out to shoot on Sunday. I've been so busy w/ orders this week I ain't time for anything else.

Great photos y'all! :clap:

Hate you're swamped Christy, but I'm glad business is good. I sold my bow last week to be able to afford to get my 2009 mount back, but I certainly kept the awesome sling you made me for it! :cool:

USbowhuntr

Great shots so far. I am not going to lie the Mrs. gave me the idea for this one. No McDonalds in my area.

Thanks
Jason :flag:

Attachments

• edit-6.jpg
    edit-6.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 227

LOVEMYLABXS

GREAT SHOT Jason and once again THANK YOU and the Mrs for your service :flag::flag::flag:

*MrsUSbowhunter*

That shot came out great, Jason. I like it.

An Italian McDonalds is a great idea! I will try to go downtown to get see what I can do. :)

GA1dad

Awesome shot Jason,,,,,,,perfect actually.

I personally like the themes that make you "think".

GA1dad

I like the pony shot too! When I saw it, the first thing that came to mind was the "American West". Good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.