12/1,12/7,12/8 last chance! am Wisconsin Tree

longbowdave1

Just pulled in to hunting spot. Temp is 33 with an inch or two of fresh snow, strong NE winds. 1 to 3 more inches on the way this afternoon. Last day of the 9 day gun season, maybe I'll sit the morning and see if anything moves through. Any tracks in the snow will be only hours old.?

jimbar

Just pulled in to hunting spot. Temp is 33 with an inch or two of fresh snow, strong NE winds. 1 to 3 more inches on the way this afternoon. Last day of the 9 day gun season, maybe I'll sit the morning and see if anything moves through. Any tracks in the snow will be only hours old.?
Good luck!

longbowdave1

I snuck down the rock ledge to my stand in darkness. Kicked 6 turkeys off their roost right at my stand. Sounded like someone shaking off a wet umbrella as the took to flight. My stand is backed up to a 100ft rock ledge which runs the length of the property. No wind down here. Hope the deer also travel down here to avoid the wind and use the thick brush for protection .Optima charged and ready!

longbowdave1

Saw movement 100yds out in field, it a dozen turkeys. ..... dang thought it was deer.

longbowdave1

Many Canadian geese flying overhead, otherwise very quiet. Only heard 2 distant shots at sunrise.

ucfireman

9 days for gun and we in Ga complain ours is too short. How long y'alls season?
I always thought I would like to hunt in the snow. I had the chance a few years back, Dang it was cold. Probably never again.

longbowdave1

9 days for gun and we in Ga complain ours is too short. How long y'alls season?
I always thought I would like to hunt in the snow. I had the chance a few years back, Dang it was cold. Probably never again.
Hunting in the snow can be fun and great fot spotting deer movement and tracking. It can be challenging keeping firearms dry and scopes clear. I had the action on gunsfreeze up more than once.

longbowdave1

30 degrees and light SW winds, mild weather for early December up here. Headed down to the ladder stand by the marsh. Hopefully some action today, deer been hunted pretty hard by now. Good luck and hunt safe.

longbowdave1

Very quiet this morning. Took a slow walk to warm up a bit. Didn't kick anything out. The marsh is too wet and not yet frozen. Cant push that now. Got some nice pictures of the area I'll share later.

longbowdave1

Ok. Time for a cup a coffee to warm up, and a siesta. Thinking that I might sit on top along the crop fields this afternoon. 3 gray squirrels, 3 orange fox squirrels, blue jays, nut hatches, and woodpeckers is all i saw this morning.

longbowdave1

I took a few pictures on the last hunt but never got time to post them. I'll post some pics when i get back and can resize pics.

longbowdave1

Back in stand for the afternoon. On top along the fields, windy up here. Best chance probably right at end of shooting. but will give it a go. 37 degrees and sunny now.

longbowdave1

Got the cows bellering on the dairy farm below the ledge if that counts for anything.