12/52 Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Browtine

Ok, week 11 is a wrap. Lots of great takes on the week 11 theme! I'm so glad that you folks are taking part in this and making it what it is! I think we're all having fun with it, too.

Well, here we are at week 12. Doesn't seem like almost three months have gone by since we started this. I guess time really does fly when you're havin' fun, huh? :D

As always, if you're not familiar with the rules, please CLICK HERE and review them prior to submitting your photo to the challenge thread. Your cooperation in keeping with the guidelines and intent of the challenge will be greatly appreciated.

Also see THIS POST from week 11. Without the rules and some sort of enforcement this all becomes just another photo sharing thread. I love photo sharing as much as the next guy, but want to keep the focus here on getting out and shooting, which is the main purpose of the challenge anyway.

And with all that said... on with this week's challenge. The past few weeks have all been pretty similar so I thought I'd change it up a little. This week the theme isn't so much tied to the subject matter as it is the thought going into the shot. You can shoot any subject matter you want, within the limits of the rules and intent of the GON forums of course... but try to shoot something in...

BLACK & WHITE

... that looks good in black and white. To outline the intent of the theme I'll quote the person who submitted the idea via PM... SKEETER2.

Skeeter wrote:

The challenge would simply be B&W "Black and White" . Anyone can take a picture of something in B&W, but finding something that actually looks good in black and white is something different. That will challenge everyone to find that "one object" that just looks killer in B&W.

Thanks for the suggestion Skeeter! :cheers:

A suggestion for this theme... Study a B&W photo, or photos that appeal to you and really look at the tonal values of the subject and the surroundings. Then either find a shot, or set one up so that you use tonal values to make your subject or scene look as good as possible using tonal values and contrast.

If you've never shot or converted to B&W you may be surprised. Some photos that look awesome in color don't look so great in black and white.

And as always the theme is only a suggestion. Also, if anyone wants/needs help converting a color file to B&W please PM me. I don't want anyone left out due to not having the software or "know-how" to convert to B&W. I'll do what I can to help using what I know and have... Just don't want anyone left out.

Ok, get out those cameras and put your black & white eyes on!!! Week 12 is ON!!! :cool:

FERAL ONE

Shutter Mushin' Mod
ha !!! i can jump in quick with this one !!! i shot this on a picnic table just before a youth bible study on a rafting trip today and was on the fence to try in color or B&W. i like it both ways !

Attachments

• DSC_0600 copy.jpg
    DSC_0600 copy.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 430

wvdawg

Staff member
Great B&W shot!

Browtine

And we're off! Great start!

wvdawg

Staff member
Portrait of Jake

I'll go early again this week. Jake came to visit this evening.

Attachments

• 067 copy copy (600 x 600).jpg
    067 copy copy (600 x 600).jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 419

xs5875

Banned
Audrey..
vbhtml]

USbowhuntr

Wow we are off to a great start already this week. I am going to have to do some searching for this one.

Great shots everyone.

Jason :flag:

LOVEMYLABXS

Well looks like the bar has been set rather HIGH already :clap:

I've been workin on something but still not quite there yet :banginghe

GREAT SHOTS FOLKS can't wait to see more :cool:

SKEETER2

Those are some fine shots already folks. I hate I missed the Americana challenge for the past week, just had way too much on my plate, and working the long week didn't help either. Thanks BT for the entry.

Allen17

I drove by this on the way to today. Looked neat so I grabbed this shot.

Attachments

• swamp-web.jpg
    swamp-web.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 383
Last edited:

243Savage

Our Jack Russell "Sugar"

Attachments

• Sugar Aug 24 2010 011.jpg
    Sugar Aug 24 2010 011.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 366

SKEETER2

I pass by this all the time, and thought it fit the challenge. You just don't see too many of these things anymore. I've tried to buy the whole sign with no luck :banginghe

006.jpg

GA1dad

Cool Shots, Y'all!!! I think my biggest problem this week is gonna be choosing which "one" I like the best. I've just been snapping away.

Browtine

Great photos already!!! I figured this would be a good week!

Old Glory!

Perfect day today!

Attachments

• n92501694_30579793_732.jpg
    n92501694_30579793_732.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 351

wvdawg

Staff member
Awesome pics folks!:clap::clap:

LOVEMYLABXS

Well the Nikon won't do B&W so I used the Kodak Z812 and had been working on a couple of things but then

I took a drive and ended up over at Fort Spokane and found a couple of things to mush at :cool:

The STOCKADE at the OLD FORT SPOKANE

Attachments

• 100_2574 copy.jpg 2.jpg
    100_2574 copy.jpg 2.jpg
    324.3 KB · Views: 366

*MrsUSbowhunter*

Great shots!! Its been raining here so no luck yet. Hopefully there will be a break so I can get out and get something.

USbowhuntr

I am realy enjoy the shots this week. I love B&W shots and we have got some great ones so far.

Alright this one was tough, everything is so BLAH here. There isnt a lot of contrast and I was hoping for a cloudy day to eliminate some shadows but it doesnt look like this is going to happen. So this is what I came up with.

Jason :flag:

Attachments

• edit.jpg
    edit.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 335
Status
Not open for further replies.