12-7 pm

Toliver

No deer. And had I been able to see him that squirrel might have met his demise. He barked and carried on for at least 20 minutes.

Worley

14pt total, counting the last Forkie….im dialed in on young bucks

Toliver

14pt total, counting the last Forkie….im dialed in on young bucks
Must be nice. I've seen exactly 0 antlers this year. And a total of 4 does. 1 single and 3 together. Not the best season this year.

Gator89

Was watching some cut milo, had a dozen deer in the field, hoping they would attract a good buck.

Some hogs came in and every deer left.

Perfectly good deer hunt ruined by hogs. But I ruined one hogs day.

Attachments

• 20231207_181610.jpg
    20231207_181610.jpg
    323.4 KB · Views: 12

B. White

It is hard to get deer to do what you want. After seeing nothing but cats several times for the past week at the house, I was glad to see four does right at dark after removing a cat Tuesday evening. I have clover and rye overseeded in a field right next to a swamp the cats keep coming out of. They kept looking that way testing the wind for about 15 mins, but never would go down there and finally went right by me back towards the house where I purposely didn't plant anything. I knew if I did it would be hard to slip out at dark. A couple of them stood 10-15 yds away forever. Not feeding, just standing there watching towards the house several mins after legal shooting hours. Waited a while to get down and heard them run a little ways when I got back near the house. Only happens when I don't take a light. I don't mind jumping them, but don't like for them to see me get out of a stand.

Full Draw McGraw

I was out for the second to last day of the BF Grant, late archery hunt.
I went in blind to the edge of a clearcut that looks interesting on the map. When i got to the edge of the cut i could hear hogs squealing down in the creek bottom about 100 yards away so i decided to make it a pig hunt instead. I stalked to within probably 50 yards of the pigs but still couldn't see them for all the river cane. It was so still and crunchy that i was afraid to try to get closer, thinking I would just blow them out. I decided to wait and see if either one would come my way or the whole lot of them would move away so i could keep trying to stalk in on them for a shot when i hear more footsteps coming through the bottom.
I glanced over and another hunter was coming down through the bottom from a different direction; seems he heard the pigs too and had the same idea i did. Eventually the pigs either heard or saw the other guy and all but one ran off; the one remaining pig, a medium sized black one, didn't seem spooked and walked in front of me at about 25- 30 yards, but he was in some short cane the whole time and i didn't feel good about the shot. I knew i could hit him but not so sure i could recover him. Anyway, he was heading towards a larger opening at the time so i thought i would have another opportunity... he must have hung a right and headed through the thicker cane in the direction the other pigs went because i never saw him again. Almost.
Then i saw what was probably raccoon in the place i posted up for the last 30 minutes or so of light, no deers.