13 in trailer tire

hipster dufus

Need boat trailer tires. ST 175/80 13r. Load range D. They all seem to b off brand/Chinese made. Any opinions?

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Amazon. I’ve bought a many a trailer tires from them.

Last edited:

transfixer

Need boat trailer tires. ST 175/80 13r. Load range D. They all seem to b off brand/Chinese made. Any opinions?

I bought some off either Amazon or Ebay for my pull behind camper a few years back, either made in China or Korea ? I forget which, they've held up great and its probably been 5 or 6 years now, I saw a video on YT recently about tires made overseas, basically the guy was saying read reviews on the particular brand you're interested in, but don't let where they are made bother you that much, he said many of the big name brands we've heard of for years are having many of their tires made overseas in the same factories that those off-brand name tires are made in.

hipster dufus

Iv also been pondering going up a size, 185/80 13. My problem in I don't know if they will clear my fenders. They look to b about a 1/2 in closer to fender. Right now I can stick my hand between tire and fender. How much closer would the bigger tire be?

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Iv also been pondering going up a size, 185/80 13. My problem in I don't know if they will clear my fenders. They look to b about a 1/2 in closer to fender. Right now I can stick my hand between tire and fender. How much closer would the bigger tire be?
About 2/3in. in dia. and 1/3in. in width. Remember that's inside measurements, tread/rubber thickness also varies from one man. to another.

Lilly001

Recstuff.com
They have a selection of 13” tires and write ups to tell you the difference.
I bought new tires for my pontoon trailer and went with radials for the higher speed rating.

Big7

The Oracle
I bought some off either Amazon or Ebay for my pull behind camper a few years back, either made in China or Korea ? I forget which, they've held up great and its probably been 5 or 6 years now, I saw a video on YT recently about tires made overseas, basically the guy was saying read reviews on the particular brand you're interested in, but don't let where they are made bother you that much, he said many of the big name brands we've heard of for years are having many of their tires made overseas in the same factories that those off-brand name tires are made in.
Not just tires either.

I have on more than one occasion sent 3D CAD models to Chinese companies for quotes on economy tooling. (Plastic Injection Molds).

They will insert their logo where your logo is and their parts will be in the supply stream before you even get your tooling stateside.

I guess that probably happens with tires too.