1300 Acres, 9 Members - BAMA BLACKBELT

167WhiteTAIL

We are full, if you are looking for something next year, please contact me again next March.

=================================
Need 2 members/ 9 total. Russell County Al. (corner of Bullock, Macon and Russell)

Approximately 1.5 hours from Atlanta, Alabama Black Belt (20/ 30 miles south of Auburn). This land was intensely managed (QDMA) for 7 years. The land has not been hunted in 3 years prior to to us getting the lease last year. There is approximately 5200 acres trophy managed surrounding our land.

The group that had the land before us killed approximately 8 bucks between 140 to 160 in 7 years. The gentleman ran out of steam with the economy and ended up getting land closer to his house.

This is one of the prettiest tract's of land I have ever seen. There is a great mixture of terrain. We have approx. 2 miles of thick beaver swamp on our west border. There are a few swamp fingers feeding off the main swamp into our property (A LOOOOT OF THICK SWAMP). There are also a lot of HW creek bottoms (some a very wide), clear cut (see 1000 + yards), thick pines, new thinned pines. There are miles 4 wheeler trails and excellent roads (the guys that had this land before us did an EXCELLENT job).

Our dues work like this:
$1,200 due in May, plus planting (we will not know exactly how much until we get our soil samples back, $200 to $300 per man). This will take you into next year turkey season (1 turkey season, 1 deer season).

There are approximately 21 food plots ranging from 1/4 acre to a little over 2 acres. There are 6 shooting houses we have found. All the members will dedicate 2 or more - two man stands on most of the plots. There are a few plots that will not have stands after we put the 12 or so we already have. So, I dedicate 2 ladder stands to the club, but have I have 20 to hunt. The ladders are yours, but will be available for everyone.

Minerals (each member should put out 4/ 5 mineral stations, less than $100 I think for the year).

None of our members are local and we are not looking for local members (sorry). All of our guys hunt in GA/ IL/ KY and KS. We picked this tract up so we can have a good tract of land to hunt after the GA season.

Pictures:
Take a look at the last pic for sure, super STUUUUUD!!! Also attached is a buck from last February, and I am 99% sure the second pic from December is the same buck, 1 year older. The other two were sent to me from our neighbors to our south border. I have many, many pictures of mature bucks from this land (there are a lot of turkey as well). I am working on getting pics of a few reported 140 + bucks killed by our neighbors.

Campers allowed, no power or water as of now.

Serous inquires please.

Attachments

• 10 Pt Russell.JPG
    10 Pt Russell.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 2,349
  • RockStar.jpg
    RockStar.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 2,376
  • 8 Pt Russell.JPG
    8 Pt Russell.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 2,330
  • 8 Pt Russell #2.jpg
    8 Pt Russell #2.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 2,339
  • Turkeyfoot 2.jpg
    Turkeyfoot 2.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 2,341
Last edited:

167WhiteTAIL

We are about 15 miles south of Phenix City Alabama (a little south east of Columbus, GA), right around 60 miles from LaGrange GA.

167WhiteTAIL

There is a very healthy turkey population. Lots of turkey is a relative term. I have seen properties with more (not many), and I have seen properties with a lot less.

I would say our property is better than average for turkeys. The few times I have hunted on this property (opening weekend), I have heard birds gobbling 360 degrees around me. I go fishing after opening weekend :).

167WhiteTAIL

We had one gentleman who committed and ended up bailing on us, never heard back from him.

If anyone is interested, let me know ASAP.