15 foot rattle snake in Florida.

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
https://www.google.com/search?q=lat....69i57j0l7.21759j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

THIS IS NOT A PYTHON!

This is a 15 foot Eastern Diamondback rattlesnake - the largest ever caught on record.

This snake was found Near the St. Augustine outlet, in a new KB homes subdivision just south of Jacksonville FL.

A little research revealed the following:

One bite from a snake of this size would contain enough venom to kill over 40 full grown men.

The head of this snake alone is larger than the hand of a normal sized man.

A bite from those fangs would be comparable to being stabbed by two curved, 1/4 inch diameter screwdrivers.

The knife being used to draw out the fangs for the bottom picture has a blade around 6 inches long.

This snake is estimated to have weighed over 170 pounds.

(How much do you weigh?)

Notice the girth of this snake as compared to the cop's leg in the first picture (and he is not a small man).

A snake of this size could easily swallow a 2 year-old child (and dogs, pigs, etc).

A snake this size has an approximately 5 1/2 foot accurate striking distance.

(The distance for an average size rattlesnake is about 2 feet . )

This snake has probably been alive since George Bush Sr.was President.

Now just ask yourself these questions:

What has this snake been feeding on and where are its offspring?

LET'S GO PLAY SOME GOLF IN FLORIDA !​

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten

• 42957744_560564531068154_2337874519814643969_n.jpg

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Nahh. It is a big snake but with nothing in the picture for scale, you can`t tell its length. Biggest on record is 8 feet even. Archibald Rutledge mentions one he killed that was 8 feet 11 inches long, minus its head and part of its neck. I personally have only seen two that were over 7 feet.

oldguy

https://www.google.com/search?q=lat....69i57j0l7.21759j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

THIS IS NOT A PYTHON!
This is a 15 foot Eastern Diamondback rattlesnake - the largest ever caught on record.​
This snake was found Near the St. Augustine outlet, in a new KB homes subdivision just south of Jacksonville FL.​
A little research revealed the following:​
One bite from a snake of this size would contain enough venom to kill over 40 full grown men.​
The head of this snake alone is larger than the hand of a normal sized man.​
A bite from those fangs would be comparable to being stabbed by two curved, 1/4 inch diameter screwdrivers.​
The knife being used to draw out the fangs for the bottom picture has a blade around 6 inches long.​
This snake is estimated to have weighed over 170 pounds.​
(How much do you weigh?)​
Notice the girth of this snake as compared to the cop's leg in the first picture (and he is not a small man).​
A snake of this size could easily swallow a 2 year-old child (and dogs, pigs, etc).​
A snake this size has an approximately 5 1/2 foot accurate striking distance.​
(The distance for an average size rattlesnake is about 2 feet . )​
This snake has probably been alive since George Bush Sr.was President.​
Now just ask yourself these questions:​
What has this snake been feeding on and where are its offspring?​
LET'S GO PLAY SOME GOLF IN FLORIDA !​
THAT'S RIDICULOUS!

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
THAT'S RIDICULOUS!

Ain`t that the truth. I remember the St Augustine snake listed above and also the one in the mid 1970s at Buffalo Bluff on the St Johns River just south of Palatka Florida that had bitten and killed several dogs in the community.

johnq85

Seems every couple of years another monster rattle snake story pops up but none of them ever have any official documentation on them. One thing they all have in common is the person in the picture with the snake is always about 10ft behind the snake to make it look huge.

godogs57

Nope, not true. Every “15 foot, 275#” rattler uses the same photographic technique. It’s called “forced perspective “. Hold him as far away as possible and use a wide angle lens close to the snake, bass, deer, etc. Good Lord, why are folks still so gullible?

turkeykirk

And I was worried about all the pythons in Florida now this!!:rofl:

cowhornedspike

The story headline should be "worlds strongest man" or "worlds strongest stick" since it would take either to hold a 15' snake out at 10'.
How does ANYONE actually fall for this or even give it a second thought at being true???

Lilly001

I have seen some huge rattlers down here in Fl.
We have the perfect habitat for them.
Fair weather, plenty of food, and the palmetto scrub provides the perfect habitat.
But I've never seen one close to 15'. Maybe 8' or even 10'. But I think that would be their biological limit.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
There has never been a Rattlesnake of that length and weight, and there never will be. A 7' Diamondback would weigh 10 lbs maybe.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
From all I can find, the documented record for an Eastern Diamondback is 7'2". Been reports pf 8' ones, but I can find no documentation of that. Might not be looking in the right place.

godogs57

From all I can find, the documented record for an Eastern Diamondback is 7'2". Been reports pf 8' ones, but I can find no documentation of that. Might not be looking in the right place.

we got one an honest 7’2” down here. Unstretched. Normally let em go but my neighbor made an exception on this one, as it crawled out from under the porch.