17/52 Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Browtine

Man, I missed out on commenting on some great shots that made me smile from week 16. I've been out of town since Thursday afternoon and just got back. Had the opportunity to sneak in one more beach trip with the kids and couldn't pass it up. Didn't have internet access so I couldn't comment. I'll just say here that I really enjoyed going through all the shots this evening!

Now, it's late and I'm worn out from the drive home... so let's get down to business on week 17. This might be a bit premature, but I'm going to go ahead and do it, and then maybe we will revisit this one a little later, even if we hit it from a different direction. This week's theme is:

FALL

... as in the season. It doesn't have to be colored leaves. If you can come up with a photo of something else that fall means to you, then by all means submit it! I love how some of you shoot outside the box sometimes on some of these.

And as always, please review the rules and shoot/submit accordingly.

See Rules HERE...

FERAL ONE

Shutter Mushin' Mod
not many leaves around me except dead ones bro, it will have to be out of the box for me to get one this week !!!

Browtine

Maybe this will make everyone have to put some real thought into their shots this week then. And as I said, we will probably revisit this theme from some angle when it will be easier to do. ;)

243Savage

A sure sign of fall here is when these guys start roaming the streets in our housing areas. This was this morning as I walked out the front door on the way to work.

Attachments

• Elk 12 Oct 2010 004.jpg
    Elk 12 Oct 2010 004.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 363

wvdawg

Staff member
Autumn

on my mind.

Attachments

• 001 copy (800 x 533).jpg
    001 copy (800 x 533).jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 306

LOVEMYLABXS

Fall to me means that duck and goose season is close and with only 2 days left to go I took the dogs and camera out to see what I could get and check out one of our ponds. I don't see a lot that will work for the challenge. Macey is all fired up as normal and Chase is just looking so good to me then we spot some speckle belly geese something we don't see a lot of so I mush a few shots and decide here's my FALL CHALLENGE shot :cheers:

Attachments

• wk17 fall.jpg
    wk17 fall.jpg
    370.9 KB · Views: 290

Browtine

Good one Mike. Some fine lookin' geeses there. :D

FERAL ONE

Shutter Mushin' Mod
a different type of fall color i shot this mornin'

Attachments

• CMF_7995 copy.jpg
    CMF_7995 copy.jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 244

cornpile

Some great shots,Guys.
021CR2.jpg

wvdawg

Staff member
Nice shots everyone!

Browtine

Good ones. Still workin' on something myself. Thought I'd get one today, but didn't make it there in time for the shots I really wanted. Oh well, I'll come up with something.

Browtine

Ok, I guess I'm going to go ahead and use one of the shots I did get today. I went down to Newnan to the Up In Smoke BBQ competition today to meet a fellow GON'er and check out the event. My intentions were to get some "action" shots of folks smokin' some meat because to me, the Fall weather is PERFECT for smokin' and hangin' out by the cooker with friends. Well, I kept having things come up and didn't get there until late and everything was pretty much shutting down. Everyone was putting out the fires and waiting on the judging results.

However, I did catch the Corvette show just before they all packed up and rolled out. Didn't even know they were having a car show, but that does happen to be one of my other favorite things to do in the Fall weather. The Vette owners were literally closing the hatch on this one to leave when I snapped this shot. Wish I had gotten there early enough to get some better shots...

Since I don't see any other opportunities this weekend for a Fall shot I'm submitting this one from the car show as a photo that says "Fall" to me... Man, this was one beautiful Vette!!!

Oh, and we're definitely gonna have to revisit this in some way when the trees and leaves are cooperating. :D

Attachments

• IMG_2318-as-Smart-Object-1.jpg
    IMG_2318-as-Smart-Object-1.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 199

kc6bsm

Living in a canyon full of pine trees, this little lone tree kind of stood out to me.

Attachments

• 102_5726.JPG
    102_5726.JPG
    234.6 KB · Views: 209

carver

Wow,great shots everyone.I like fall, the sounds and smells.
DSC00956.jpg

Shug

Fall is a great time to sit by a campfire and relax

Attachments

• Cumberland Mtn 027.jpg
    Cumberland Mtn 027.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 181
Status
Not open for further replies.