1Cor 1:4-9

StriperAddict

"Hey Paul! Couldn't you have written this to a more worthy group of believers? Why, those cantankerous Corinthians!"
Paul: Nope. This belongs to them.
And it belongs to Ragamuffins like you and I too.

Yep, and for all of us, those that skin our knees along the way to believing these verses are as true of us, for us as the air we breathe.

Enjoy it's ramifications ? !

("The Ragamuffin Gospel" by Brennan Manning is a choice read for church liturgists, highly recommend)

20210907_184548.jpg

gordon 2

Who will sustain who? All individuals ( Christians) are lacking some gifts, but the Church lacks none and so we are not lacking in any gifts because we are members of the body which sustains us and not because we as individuals are gifted each individually that we would not be lacking in the gifts. The Church will be guiltless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ, unlike the cult of the old man. Why?

"I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."

Truly I say to you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven

Whosesoever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

What say you? Is Paul speaking of the individual person, the individual as he stands alone or the individual as part, member in communion with other members of the body-- which body is the Church?

By his promise does Christ sustain the individual independent of the Church or the individual as part or member of the body or the Church in this context?

Last edited: