1st Bird this year !

Tadder

That sweet right there. Ran across some TSS 12 #9's this week, just $57 for 5 shells ;) not me. if i can't get him in side 40yds then he needs too live for another day and we will talk and play another day. He will make that mistake and we'll be ready. I'd rather bring him in close and enjoy the dance than take a shoot way out there. Good luck.

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
But I ain’t using no 4 hundred and 10 !
I reckon he's thinking he done moved up with the elite group now and we won't be hearing from him anymore. After he misses the first one it will be for sale in the classifieds.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I reckon he's thinking he done moved up with the elite group now and we won't be hearing from him anymore. After he misses the first one it will be for sale in the classifieds.
Y’all can come join me. Feel proud for what your doing. I miss a turkey every now and then. Sometimes more now than then. I believe this little gun going to B a jakeanader ?

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I picked these up for the challenge yesterday! Ol man makes them. He’s 85 now. I don’t think he can make them any more. they are collects now. The little scratch boxes are the bomb on sound. we talked Turkey for awhile. 15C1D2D7-E457-496A-BFA3-2FF9EF49767C.jpeg

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
Y’all can come join me. Feel proud for what your doing. I miss a turkey every now and then. Sometimes more now than then. I believe this little gun going to B a jakeanader ?
Those calls look nice. FYI that lil plinker won't shoot birds at 80 yards running away. Just saying.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Yea if you can shoot out to 80 with the 12GA then 40 should be nothing for the .410. It's legal so it's OK right
Guess so, sounds good to me. I think that may be a stretch. Would have to pattern. From what some have said to me with the 9s they put more pellets in the magical 12” circle ⭕️ than the long beard 12 ga. (I really don’t know) don’t really plan on shoot to 30ty.
Here’s a pic of 2 gobblers heads! Which was shoot at the 70ty plus with tss and which was shot at the under 30ty with long beards. With that 870 3 1/2” chamber and tss I have yet to loose a turkey at out to 50ty do I do that every day no. But open fields sometimes 50ty didn’t seem that far. I doubt I ever shoot that far again and as said it was in the heat of hunting. (I figured 50 to 55 at the time)
Here’s the pic and the other hunter is well known on here. 118D204F-4E7F-45EB-9B1B-14F491126303.jpeg

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I had better close ups. Lost them transferring to a new phone. anyway that’s what happened in that day and around 50 ty or less is my stopping point with tss. I shot a gobbler a few days later with LBs at 15 to maybe 20 steps a few days later. I was in the woods hunting. The lead spreads a little more still hit the head very hard. With Tss it would of been easier to miss it so tight.
I’ve been hunting these gobblers for 40ty years. Have a old 870 full choke 30” barrel I retired. In all those years using it I may of shot past 40ty a couple times. 40ty was its max. Shot 3” tss in it at 40 ty and the pattern was tighter than a long beard.
BTW I’m fine with my ethics and what I do & that’s all that matters to me. now I’m going to try and shoot one at 20 to 25 max with this little toy.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Guess so, sounds good to me. I think that may be a stretch. Would have to pattern. From what some have said to me with the 9s they put more pellets in the magical 12” circle ⭕️ than the long beard 12 ga. (I really don’t know) don’t really plan on shoot to 30ty.
Here’s a pic of 2 gobblers heads! Which was shoot at the 70ty plus with tss and which was shot at the under 30ty with long beards. With that 870 3 1/2” chamber and tss I have yet to loose a turkey at out to 50ty do I do that every day no. But open fields sometimes 50ty didn’t seem that far. I doubt I ever shoot that far again and as said it was in the heat of hunting. (I figured 50 to 55 at the time)
Here’s the pic and the other hunter is well known on here. View attachment 1067280
U told me 80 plus yds ?

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
U told me 80 plus yds ?
The other hunter said that. Very possible. We just stepped it off quick. It was 70 to 80ty easy. Ask him. Didn’t seem that far at the time
Several was giving me such a hard time figured I’d shorten it. ???
He was there and he was shocked. to I tried tell him them TSS in that brand was deadly. ☠️

antharper

Staff member
The other hunter said that. Very possible. We just stepped it off quick. It was 70 to 80ty easy. Ask him. Didn’t seem that far at the time
Several was giving me such a hard time figured I’d shorten it. ???
He was there and he was shocked. to I tried tell him them TSS in that brand was deadly. ☠️
Was there a reason you stepped it off quick ?

antharper

Staff member
Well good luck to you this spring ! Hope you get one with that 410 and that special wing bone ! Ought to be a good challenge

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Well good luck to you this spring ! Hope you get one with that 410 and that special wing bone ! Ought to be a good challenge
I need some tss. Shot at 25 today. It would do it with 7 1/2 lead. I figured 25 would be max with either. I think a good X bow would have more range. ?