1st wheelgun...updated with my firs 18 shots

Dub

.44 RemMag is one of my favorite cartridges.

I think you'll love the trigger of that one. It'll break mighty clean & crisp. You should be able to touch off some really impressive shot groupings at hunting distance.

It'll be fun practicing, too.

Even full flavored loads will be handled well with that gun.

TJay

Great revolvers! I bought my first back in the late 70's, it was a Blackhawk in .357. I really wanted the Colt SAA in the same display case but they wanted the the incredible (at that time) price of $700!

SASS249

If you reload I suggest you start with 44 special loads. Out of that gun they will be a delight to shoot and give low recoil. Once you get comfortable with them switching to 44 mag will be easier. If you do not reload now is the time to start. The 44 can be extremely versatile and you can load up or down for any situation.

bevills1

You can also buy 44 Special ammo to use for practice if you don't reload which another example of the versatility of this gun.

tcward

Nothing like a good hawg leg! Got a Blackhawk in .41 mag and love it! You will be tickled with it!

Reactions: Dub

Stroker

Nice one. If you got that off of ODT I had my eye on it as well. Seller had a good price on it.

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
Nice one. If you got that off of ODT I had my eye on it as well. Seller had a good price on it.
I'm not sure what ODT is, i got it off the GON classifieds. It was a good price though.

biggdogg

I have the same gun. Great shooter, but your knuckle on your middle finger will be sore after shooting full power rounds for too long. That square back trigger guard isn't very forgiving.

Reactions: Dub

Dub

I have the same gun. Great shooter, but your knuckle on your middle finger will be sore after shooting full power rounds for too long. That square back trigger guard isn't very forgiving.

You said it, there. I've had a couple sore knuckles from shooting a buddy's SB with that square guard.

He finally put some aftermarket grips on it that took care of it. They are somewhat bulky and don't allow that nice roll that that the original grips did....but they took care of the knucklebuster.

https://www.midwayusa.com/grips/br?...%7C1&Ntpc=1&Ntpr=1&customerSelectedSort=False