2/24/20 pigs down

hambone76

That's a great hunt that turned into a days work. Congratulations , way to hang in there bud !
Thank you sir! The good Lord blessed me with a great day and some fine tablefare. I’m so thankful that I’m able to get out there and do stuff like this.
It was indeed a great hunt.....one of the coolest hog hunts that I’ve ever had!

j_seph

Why do you have rags wrapped around the end of your barrel?

Good kills

hambone76

Why do you have rags wrapped around the end of your barrel?

Good kills
Thank you.
That’s a suppressor on the end of barrel. It’s just a little bit of camo burlap wrapped around the end because the suppressor tends to get hot after a few rounds have been run through it.
I have a silicone suppressor cover that works well...just trying something different.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Way to go son!! Man that must have been a blast!

FrChs28

It was a little bit disheartening to exit my warm and dry truck the other morning to walk out into a steady downpour of rain. Thank goodness for Frog Togs!
“You can’t kill them from the couch” is what I kept telling myself as I trudged along. Work has kept me very busy lately, so I was taking advantage of any day that I had time to be outdoors.
I’m slipping along, about 4 miles covered and a good bit of sign found, but I haven’t seen anything aside from deer so far. All of my predator calling sequences were uneventful, most likely attributed to the fowl weather.
A good while later, I finally caught a glimpse of something. It was a pig coming down the ridge, then another and another. A sounder of 2 decent sized sows and 6 little pigs were feeding along out in front and crosswind of me. I eased up to the nearest tree and now had them at about 65 yards, all of them unbeknownst to my presence.
The wind must’ve swirled a little as I saw the lead sow pick her head up and check the wind. I put the red dot behind her ear and sent a Barnes TSX downrange. She dropped upon the crack of the rifle and the remaining pigs scattered. I picked the other sow up in my red dot as she retreated for the pines and put a couple rounds in her at about 100 yards. Once she fell, I turned my attention to the rest of them. All in all, 8 pigs down out of an 8 pig sounder.
After a lot of work, I got them all quartered or skinned, loaded on my pack frame and hiked on back to the truck.
Congrats ! And fine shooting. You really earned those pigs. I covered a lot of ground myself chasing hogs, so I feel your pain. Last Thursday I hunted in cold rain. I shredded my Frog Togs going though nasty briar patches. Some of that stuff is like a crown of thorns. So my gear sprung some leaks. Enjoy that pork !

hambone76

Whatch'em folks because he's a very dangerous man!
Haha! I’m only dangerous to a game animal that’s in season or to the person who has crossed my home’s threshold without an invitation. That being said, that same 300 Blk sits in the safe, ready to defend me and mine.

Last edited: