2 day early goose

LOVEMYLABXS

2 day and not a goose to be seen. Most of the ponds I hunt up here on public land are drier then 3 day old popcorn but found one with some water. Packed in a doz field deks and thought it could have been a good duck day. Oh well Tilly and I got a little exercise ( which is good for a 72yro man) temp was mid 60s lite breeze and cloudy so it was a nice to just kick back enjoy the company of my dog and relax.100_6603.JPG

100_6608.JPG100_6605.JPG

By the way incase you were wondering about the dek placement it's covered in goose poop.

100_6615.JPG

Oh well a bad day huntin beats a good day workin oops forgot being retired there are no work days just good days out.
Shoot straight and enjoy your time out you never know when it might be your last100_6621.JPG.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
2 day and not a goose to be seen. Most of the ponds I hunt up here on public land are drier then 3 day old popcorn but found one with some water. Packed in a doz field deks and thought it could have been a good duck day. Oh well Tilly and I got a little exercise ( which is good for a 72yro man) temp was mid 60s lite breeze and cloudy so it was a nice to just kick back enjoy the company of my dog and relax.View attachment 1252269

View attachment 1252270View attachment 1252271

By the way incase you were wondering about the dek placement it's covered in goose poop.

View attachment 1252272

Oh well a bad day huntin beats a good day workin oops forgot being retired there are no work days just good days out.
Shoot straight and enjoy your time out you never know when it might be your lastView attachment 1252273.
Good looking dog brother. 90s here, me and a buddy hit them pretty good first day. Holiday weekend you have to pick a number.

20230901_153347.jpg

Hunted with the Hazel Sunday, she hit one right after this pic and sailed it, then it started diving and the wind picked up, couldn't find it. Retired life is great. Good luck my friend.

20230903_092441.jpg

LOVEMYLABXS

Good to see you're still puttin the smack down on the honkers. Love watching young hunter get involved.

Big7

The Oracle
That's some big sky y'all are shooting against up there. Must have been a good time smacking them down. :rockon:

I like Canadians to eat but most of my hunting and fishing buddies don't care for it so on the rare occasion I get to shoot one or two, that's all I take. Just enough for me. Last few I killed was prolly 10 years ago at a friends lake house. They were making a mess. He's an older guy and eats them so I always dress him a few.

I don't know how it works up there but for the longest time, we would hardly ever see one around here. Then we started having enough to have a season.

So many around here now there is goose poop all over golf courses and subdivisions.

I hear many of them don't even migrate any more.

WOODIE13

That's some big sky y'all are shooting against up there. Must have been a good time smacking them down. :rockon:

I like Canadians to eat but most of my hunting and fishing buddies don't care for it so on the rare occasion I get to shoot one or two, that's all I take. Just enough for me. Last few I killed was prolly 10 years ago at a friends lake house. They were making a mess. He's an older guy and eats them so I always dress him a few.

I don't know how it works up there but for the longest time, we would hardly ever see one around here. Then we started having enough to have a season.

So many around here now there is goose poop all over golf courses and subdivisions.

I hear many of them don't even migrate any more.
Resident birds don't migrate, or do a micro migration to find food and open water. Them come back. They've caught them here, moved them 200 miles and they show right back up according to the bands.

We like to eat them, Odin lives to retrieve them more than ducks.

A biologist told me the Resident geese came from the market hunting days when they outlawed live birds for decoys. Also heard that some migratory geese got tired of flying a thousand miles and set up shop. Killed a few bands from Ontario during the early season here, so there's something to that theory.

We are starting to get a Resident population of common mergs here the last 6 or so years, more and more seen throughout the summer with chicks. Used to never see the first one until October.

Big7

The Oracle
Not uncommon to find nests with eggs or the Goose and Gander dragging around Goslings all over these golf courses and subdivision ponds around here.

WOODIE13

Not uncommon to find nests with eggs or the Goose and Gander dragging around Goslings all over these golf courses and subdivision ponds around here.
Hunted a few and some vineyards too