#2 for the season

Barebowyer

Well, opening morning of the rifle season had me debating a little whether to tote a bang stick or not considering half of the bow season I was in Manitoba waterfowl hunting. I opted to take the Centaur longbow out and sit in a dead fall compliments of hurricane Michael. I had established a new thoroughfare on my property near the house and planted a food plot there. Short version is at about 0850, I see a buck 35 yards out passing me by. A few grunts later, I see him walking down my plot towards me, he turned completely around. After a couple of minutes of him looking for the other deer, he turned to leave and I sent a 175 Grain tigershark his way. The shot was good and he only went less than 40 yards. This was a ton of fun. Sitting in the brush, no blind, just me, my bow, and a stool.

Attachments

• 8 pt 1.jpg
    8 pt 1.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 83
  • 8 pt 2.jpg
    8 pt 2.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 89
  • entry hole 1.jpg
    entry hole 1.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 86
  • exit hole 1.jpg
    exit hole 1.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 81

Clipper

Congratulations! Killing a deer from a ground blind with a trad bow is an accomplishment you can be proud of. "course, I'm proud anytime I can kill one with a trad bow.

243SuperRC

Great hunt! I had been thinking about hunting from a fresh blowdown in the morning....you helped make my decision. :)

Latest posts