? 20/20 Turkey ? Challenge Smack Talk Thread !

Swamprat

Swamprat
Swampbunny has a lot of new smack. Can’t wait to hear it. ?

Shhhhh!!!!....I am still deer hunting. Give me till mid February when gun season goes out.

You need to stop posting and get busy taking off your truck muffler and practice slamming the door shut to get em to shock gobble.

Swamprat

Swamprat
I am sending you 4 new shotgun shells, the fourth one is just an extra in case you lose one.

Heard yours from last year were getting a little crusty from all the corn dust.

Swamprat

Swamprat
@Swamprat to the snack talk thread please !

I went down to the food section and could not find it.....you trying to throw me off my game already. it's mid January for crying out loud.

Now get back to your Little Debbie Star Crunch.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I am sending you 4 new shotgun shells, the fourth one is just an extra in case you lose one.

Heard yours from last year were getting a little crusty from all the corn dust.
Well I guess someone needs to send u some new ones also. His wife kills all his turkeys....what’s your excuse ?

Swamprat

Swamprat
This dang contest.....Gonna pretend this year I ain't in it.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Rat my bad. Watch out for them dare snakes, Bugs.

I guarantee you I have seen more snakes and bugs then you being a cubicle commando. Never have seen a dare snake....might have to ask Nic about them, can I find em next to the snack talk section. :D

Turpentine

I guarantee you I have seen more snakes and bugs then you being a cubicle commando. Never have seen a dare snake....might have to ask Nic about them, can I find em next to the snack talk section. :D
With how good you are at finding turkey, it's doubtful. Just keep trying it will happen one day.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Just think...we might be team mates. It has already happened more than once in my 53 years.Ga bird.jpg

antharper

Staff member
This dang contest.....Gonna pretend this year I ain't in it.
It will put a little extra pressure on u for sure if u let it , I killed my limit every year for a long time until I started with this challenge , but I blame it on me letting my daughter man the gun lately

antharper

Staff member
I know all of you care for kmckinnie as much as I do , I’d like for y’all to lift him and his family up in a quick prayer for the loss of a family member, I know he is a strong man and has a great family but we all need a little prayer every now and then , just thinking about my brother !

Swamprat

Swamprat
This is the crazy part....I have for the most part of my life have hunted turkeys but never took it serious till maybe 10 or so years ago as I got older. I am now at a point in my life where I could care less if I shot another deer but would rather listen to a gobbler blowing up either on the roost or ground.

I just love it when you are yelping and they cut you off mid call with a double or triple gobble....if that does not get you going then you are clinically dead.
2 years ago we had a bird we called "Thunder Lips"....old and smart. Knew where he roosted 90% of the time just off the property in a huge pine in a clearcut next to a bottom. I could stand at our gate and see him 100 or so yards out off the property.

Took me about 3 weeks to figure out what he was doing off the property until he wandered on ours. Had him at full strut 20 yards but he knew to keep this leafy bush between us, I am not a bush shooter so off he finally went. Me and my BIL encountered him 4 more times after that all within 15 to 40 yards but every time the bird knew how to use the shrubbery against us.

Fast forward to last year.....all I thought about was this bird. Had game cam pics of him till early March then the landowner where he roosted decided he was gonna burn the clearcut right before the opener and cut a firebreak right under the tree he roosted. This bird had a distinctive gobble and I finally heard him the 2nd week of the season a ways off but he never set foot near from where he use to roam.

So I guess for the last two years was focused on just this one bird and let others walk....mostly suicidal 2 year olds and a older bird that had beard rot but he had some spurs. Was within 10-12 yards of me for 20 minutes.